1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning supercharged engine?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by willoh, Apr 20, 2020.

1. willoh

willoh New Member

I am looking at the wiruswin racing exhaust for my 95 and wondering how do you tune the EFI engine to compensate for loss of backpressure and squeeze out more power without blowing up the engine. Is it possible to tap into the computer and modify the maps? How about increasing the boost in the supercharger? Thanks

2. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

see my dyno run thread- https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/supercharged-dyno-run.20007/

You can use a Dynojet Power commander meant for a motorcycle for fuel tuning. I have instructions there on how to wire it. You can use pretty much anything that was meant for a 4 cylinder bike. You can pick one up used for ~$100 off ebay.

Exhaust alone isn't going to require retuning and these things run super rich anyway. You'd tune mostly remove the stock terrible fuel mapping in the upper rpm's.

I also just came up with an overdrive pulley set up. If you're interested in one PM me.

& Finally the biggest issue with these trucks for making power is lack of an intercooler. That's really where you need to start. They heat soak so badly that any other mods won't matter. The ECU just starts dumping fuel to keep it from knocking and blowing up with the insane intake air temperatures.