1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zuki carb

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Caleb Roth, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

hey guys I have a 89' 550cc suzuki carry (runs like a top). Does anybody know of a bigger carbretor or an upgrade that will fit, maybe off a newer truck?
    I would like to have a little more power for hills and thing especially with 25" tires on the way. I will be happy to buy anything for added performance.
    thanks guys,

2. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

anybody?:confused:

3. DRW

DRW Member

There is no replacement for cubic inch displacement,cheapest thing to do would be shrink that tire size down.

4. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

Yeah, but I would think that since the motor has plenty of power offroad and only hills slow me down on pavement (on a closed course) it would have to be due to my carb and exhaust. I have 23x8 inch tires right now.
    There must be a way to run a bigger jet or something and a bigger exhaust to get a little more top end. There are countless add ons for the american atv type engines, and i know I'm not the only one wanting a little more power.
    Surely someone knows a solution. :frustration:

5. ibkg

ibkg Member

I think most of these trucks use Mikuni carbs and I know they make carbs for alot of different things including 4 wheelers so you might find a larger carb that would work as far as how big you could go or the effects of it I have no idea

6. DRW

DRW Member

A bigger carb by itself generally does more bad than good,I would try the classic approach first,make sure what you have it working properly and then free up the intake,exhaust,play with the jetting.

7. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

Yeah I like the bigger jets idea myself, Does anybody know of a source for bigger jets? We gotta get a few more hot rods rolling through the woods.:)

8. Colin

Colin Member

Gotta make it breathe better - once you've got more airflow, you can add an appropriate amount of fuel. Port and shave the head, build a header, make it rev higher (balanced rotating assembly,) upsize the valves, have a custom cam ground... THEN upgrade your fueling.

Colin

9. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

Superfly on teamswift.net can grind cams, i have one in a Geo metro. open up the exhaust with a good turbo muffler and 2 inch pipe. then look at the air filter , most are very restrictive. then a cam. a motor doesnt know what is written on the valve cover . the same tricks work on any of them.

10. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

mikuni carb. i belive i saw mikuni stamped on a suzuki some time ago. look at your local japanese motocycle shop. yamaha/suzuki dime will get you a donut its the same jets