1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wulung Mini

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by swampmitsi, Jan 2, 2010.

1. swampmitsi

swampmitsi New Member

Spotted this on Craigslist. Went and took a closer look. It has LHD,3spd,4x2, 3cylinder gas. Made in China. Model # 1010ph. Owner refered to it as a Cutie. Appears almost identicle to older Mitsubishis, Daihatsus, etc. It would not start. Any Ideas or info? Where to get parts? Wulung or Wuling?
    Rich

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

It's wuling. Parts are hard to get. Electricals are junk. Engine and tranny seem to be ok. I drove a 2007 model built by Wuling about a year ago. It was badge by another name. Off the top of my head don't remember the name. It was a 4x4 but the front diff. was missing. The importer said they had a bug with the front drive system and were working on it. I've bought and sold several China made mini trucks named Metro and Vantage, never again. My 2 cents stay with the japan models.

3. DannyM

DannyM Member

I see on Indiana Mini Trucks .com website they have a CYT Mini Truck that from the ad is a Japanese Mini. I was wondering if this is true? Also says it is LHD, AC, 4x, etc. Is this a Japanese truck, or a China made copy?

I did send an email to them to ask, but have not received a reply in a week. Was wondering if you guys had any idea?

Danny

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

My guess CYT is a china product. I looked at Indiana mini truck and that badge on the front of the cyt truck is not from Japan. I talked to a few guys that just got 7 new china made mini trucks that replaced their early model daihatsu's and they want the old daihatsu's back. These guys said the new trucks are always getting some kind of repair. The only time they saw a daihatsu in the shop was for oil change. These guys use these trucks every day at the Veterans Hospital in Amarilo,Tx. This hospital is a huge complex.