1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woohoo! It runs again!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Colin, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Colin

Colin Member

nateisanas came over this afternoon and helped me put the box back on my Sambar. We filled it with coolant, tied up a few loose ends, loaded his R1 into the back, and headed for the city.

The sun went down, so I flipped on the lights and we ran across town to visit one of Nate's buddies. By the time we got there, the lights were super dim and my battery light was on. Bad alternator. :frustration:

So I borrowed another of Nate's bikes and rode home. (Yeah, Nate... I made it in one piece. That bike is sweet... but where the fsck are the turn signals? :sly: )

Soooo... tomorrow I get to see if the local auto electric place can overhaul the alternator.

Colin

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Allright Colin...erm...sort of. Get that alternator fixed and get back in the saddle!

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

congrats dude, welcome back... so aside from the bad alternator how did the motor do?

4. Colin

Colin Member

It's alright. Smokes a little, especially at startup. I'm not too worried about it.

I haven't driven this thing since March... it's great to be behind the wheel again. :D

5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

why's it smoking? i thought you rebuilt it?

6. Colin

Colin Member

Nah, I got a used engine. It's not smoking much, and it's pretty much only on startup. I think the valve stem seals might be a bit worn.

The old engine leaked oil everywhere - valve cover, pan gasket, cam seal, etc... so this is an improvement. :)

Colin