1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wont' go into 2W drive

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by fremontminitrucks, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Hey everyone, just hoping that someone else has seen this and knows of an easy fix. I have a mitsu that just came in and I can't get it to go into 2W drive, anyone else ever run into this? if so what did you do to correct it?

2. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

I put mine in 4wd and then it takes forever for me to get it back out. Sometimes I have to drive and try it over and over.

3. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Weak servo or vacuum lines to it. You can reach down on the drivers side (under the truck, rear of transmission) and push on the servo linkage to push it back into 2wd. My truck does this especially in the cold. Now it does it all the time and I have yet to find a vacuum leak so I am thinking it is the servo switch itself. I don't use the 4wd enough to be concerned with getting it fixed.

4. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

Has anyone tried doing away with the electric 4x4 (4wd Four wheel drive) switch and putting it on a cable?

5. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

As the actuator arm pivots on a center pivot it would almost have to be a stiff wire cable...or a two cable system, one cable for each side of the actuator lever. The only mini mod I have seen that uses a cable is a Suzuki carb retrofit in which they added a manual cable choke. I am sure someone could figure it out...someday...

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

how about a BFH?

7. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

excellent idea Milt. I have an update. I was crawling around under mine and there are 2 hoses in the front that are stretched really tight, they look like they would be vacuum hoses. They were stretched tight by the lift kit. I haven't had a chance to mess with them yet, but it looks like one is tight enough to kink it.

8. starpuss

starpuss Member

um? Big ****en Hammer?

9. mitsu911

mitsu911 Member

Update: I rerouted the hoses and it didn't make any difference.

10. chevy3465

chevy3465 New Member

fremont, did you get the t-case fixed? if so what did you do? mine has been acting up lately and i have been having to push the arm in manually.

11. sneaker

sneaker New Member

My truck isnt going out of 4wd. So I read up and found this post. Now see if you can help me troubleshoot it farther:

I manually pushed in the servo linkage at the back of transmision and it worked. However, since then whenever I try to push it in to make it go back into 2wd, the linkage starts bleeding back out. By the time I get in my truck and try to go forwards, its all the way out & truck stays in 4WD.

To fix it, I have to wedge a rock or stick under the lever so that it stays in 2WD. Then I drive 10 or 20 ft & 4WD light goes off. So then I remove the rock and it stays in 2WD.

I see the two actuating arms (I assume one of them is weak), and dont know whether they push or pull.

12. 3banger

3banger Member

Just sayin'... but mine is the cable type. There's a sticker on the driver's door that says to roll back a couple meters to get out of 4wd.

I'll push the van into 2wd. The 4wd stays on if I drive forward. Soon as I roll backwards 4 feet I hear a click and the light goes off and I'm in 2wd.