1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wix cross ref website

Discussion in 'References' started by nick, Oct 10, 2007.

1. nick

nick Member

Here's the Wix Website I used to cross ref my filters. Can look up Wix filter specs, cross ref a large variety of original equipment numbers etc. That's where I was able to cross ref an original equipment Mitsubishi filter #.

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp

Nick

2. michael a

michael a Member

Nick, have you used the filters without any problems? are the filters a perfact match for oil and air filters? I read on here somewhere that the air filters did not seal of as well as the original? Just wondering i will need to change the filter in my 95 mitsubishi soon. Thanks

3. nick

nick Member

Michael,
    I do not use the cross ref for air filters. Have not needed to change one yet. I've been told and have read several different places that there doesn't seem to be a major manufacturer filter stateside that crosses well. Sounds like they fit in the airbox but don't seal well. Guess I'll put these guys claiming they have stock parts to the test when I need one or I'll modify a air filter housing from some other vehicle that will fit.
    Sorry, not much help on that one.

Forgot, oil filters working fine.
    Nick

4. michael a

michael a Member

Thats what i thought but thanks for the reply

5. michael a

michael a Member

Nick my airfilter has a part # of MD620584 on it but it wont cross reference on the wix site or the fram site. my oil filter has Vic as the brand name and has c-901 on it but cant get a reference on it either

6. nick

nick Member

Haven't seen an air filter yet that crosses correctly. Some have tried and are very close but it just takes a little open crack around the filter to slowly destroy an engine.

Use the oil filter # I posted. Wix 51365

7. michael a

michael a Member

Thanks i will and if i find anything on the air filter i will post it

8. michael a

michael a Member

Nick, forgot to ask last night but how much oil does it take and what brand do you use? Thanks michael

9. nick

nick Member

The trucks that I've had so far have taken about 3.5 quarts. I use 5w30 Castrol. Just my personal preference. No oil related engine oil failures yet, so why change. Some guys swear by synthetic, for severe applications I would tend to agree, especially in the severe cold here on some WI winter days if your vehicle sits outside all the time. For the most part I have had good luck with 5w30. Just my two cents worth
    Nick

10. michael a

michael a Member

Thanks Dont think severe cold will be a problem here in ms i usually wear a short sleeve shirt on most days during the winter Thanks again for the info.

11. michael a

michael a Member

Nick, found a cross reference number for the air filter in my truck Part# MD620584 on the K&N web site. K&N part# 33-2740 supposed to be for a Mitsubishi Pajero mini 660. The measurements for the filter looks close but i have to take mine out this weekend and measure it,will let you know if it is the same

12. nick

nick Member

Cool Mike,
    That would be good to know, good hunting, be sure to post!
    Nick

13. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Good find Mike. Let us know if it measures out. I have used the K&N product in some of my engines and if you are careful with it when washing and re-oiling it works fine.