1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Olympics - Canada

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by chickendumpling, Feb 14, 2010.

1. .....................................

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Well I just drove my Liteace back from Penticton to Coquitlam and then back with 700kg of IKEA crap in the tray and still averaged 9L/100km. (In case people don't know that drive involves going over a mountain range...not a hill...a full on mountain). I think my truck should get a gold medal :D

3. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I've been to the "O Zone" in Richmond with my mini, as a spectator. I get funny looks from the Europeans around!

4. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

It is so cool what those guys can do in the half pipe. Unbelievable!!!

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

think best quote yet was "china opened up with 1000 drums beating in perfect unison and leave it to canada to open with punk violinists.. " lol

6. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I was stunned by the torch lighting ????? they light the torch in the stadium like at every other olympics,and you think ok that's that...then they send Gretzky out in a truck for 7 minutes to the final torch:confused:..who the hell planned that?...KD Lang blew me away though,and the Killer whales on the floor was sweet... sadly,no one will ever match the Chinese opening ceremony,though

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, "The Great One" out in the freezing drizzle on the back of a pickup was a little weird. :D But I absolutely loved the part with Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now". I've been trying to find it online but no luck so far.

The family and I were in NB and PEI for part of the last summer olympics. We got a kick out of the differences in coverage between the English and French speaking stations; the French stations seemed to cover non-Canadian athletes a bit more (and I don't mean they talked about the US athletes either). Speaking of which, I'm pleased that NBC in the states seems to be doing a much better job of covering non-US athletes. They actually apparently recognize that there are plenty of other great stories out there and that they don't need to just wave the flag and shout "USA, USA!".

Go Canada!! :D