1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter here, need thermostat

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by BC_MMC, Nov 19, 2009.

1. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

I've read this thread:
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=1878
    mentioning the NAPA 33249... a part not available to our local store. There seems to be a difference in NAPAs Cdn and US part numbers as well.

GATES Part # 33249 {Regular Thermostat; 195ยบ Bottom By-Pass (1 13/16" x 11/16" x 27/32" x 1 3/32")}
    Category: Thermostat

Now has anyone used this part and can confirm it's also listed for a Mazda 323 as well? If so, I might get this one:

1986-1993 Mazda 323 - Stant Thermostat
    Part number: ST45869Manufacturer number: 45869

We all need to do a little more cross finding parts that fit and posting them in the reference thread, I hit my local (40 miles away) NAPA with great expectations and found ONE of the SEVEN things I was hunting for.
    But I did finally get my hands on real Seafoam and it works. The Cdn Tire alternative was useless crap.

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

Finding "Seafoam" ... having lousy luck here in Nova Scotia :(

Agreed, the crap tire stuff is just that... CRAP!

z

3. Dan

Dan Member

md972910 I can only confirm the oem #.

go to a mitsubishi car dealership or try one of the sponsoring vendors on this site.

4. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mini Truck Thermostat

The Gates number for the 180deg thermostat is #33428. Yes it fits the Mitz.

5. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

That part # cross-refs to a Dodge Omni here. They made do by grinding one similar down to 42mm. The Stant that refers to Mazda 323 wasn't even close.

6. larryb

larryb New Member

winter here,need thermostat

hi.what thermostat do I need for 96 sambar sc.thanks

7. wilardnelson

wilardnelson New Member

I need a gasket for thermostat housing. Any help on part number for it? Thanks.