1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windshields

Discussion in 'Parts Sales' started by FG Procurement, Sep 21, 2009.

1. We will be carrying windshield beginning this week!!!!!!!!

I am not sure what the price will be yet but I am thinking around $500.00 shipped (US only...sorry Canada). What do you all think?

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Are they garunteed not to be broken upon reciept? Are they used or new?

3. Well I have no control over the shipping company, but will do my best to make sure that you get an unbroken windshield. Some are new some are used working on the inventory now I will hope to have them posted by tomorrow

4. starpuss

starpuss Member

US only.that sucks!

5. Not sure yet how bad shipping to Canada will be...I may have to do some price adjustments to cover the added cost to ship up there. I will make it happen just not this week I'm sure...be patient ;)

6. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Greg - Some assembly may be required ;)

7. Yeah like a steel crate to make sure that it doesn't get broke. Nothing is worse than when your windshield arrives broken. I would say the odds of it getting broke between us and them would be pretty good. I can get the damage claim approved if that happens but that doesn't get him the windshield he needs. If there is something your looking for I can price it for you and see what it would cost...

8. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Here's a little story on shipping glass. Ordered a Daihatsu side window from one of supplier. Good communication through out the order. Supplier indicates only one broken pcs. in 300 shipped. Pretty good I am thinking.. Well, my luck they had number two break out of 301 pcs shipped. The reason it broke was the packing. Glass was wrapped in one sheet of bubble wrap then stuck between two pcs. of cardboard that was taped. Not much protection in my book. Took about 2 months for insurance to pay off.
    Had to deliver truck pretty soon so I decided to order another side window using a different supplier asap. I called someone named Jerry from around the south eastern U.S. Cant remember his business name. Glass got here pretty quick. After looking at glass shipping container I new that puppy was in good condition. Jerry had built a wooden frame, wrapped glass with plastic, sandwich it between wood frame, secured pcs. of wood frame with screws and filled void with foam. Thats what I am talking about. With all that Jerry was 20.00 bucks cheaper than the first guy. You could have dropped that package off a two story building and it would have survived.
    I know its a pain in the but to build the frame ( it was pretty simple) and additional cost of foam but it would have saved me some heartache, and kept me from thinking bad things about the first shipper.

9. Glad to know, and sorry to hear you had trouble. I have my packaging approved by fedex so they cannot deny a claim if they do break something (as long as a package it the same). I will be building a crate for these so no worries if fact my package sounds simular to what you got.

10. Alright, everything is completed.

$475.00 Shipped!!!

This price includes:
    Windshield
    Wooden Crate (Shipper approved)
    Shipping to your door

I only have an few models in stock at the moment (KS4, DD51T, S110P, S83P, U42T).

Please let me know if you have any questions. Again sorry to those of you in Canada. I am working on the shipping rates on the windshields but it takes some time. I can ship them to you but not for that price.