1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windshield Wiper Issue 1998 Mitsu Minicab

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Montucky, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Montucky

Montucky New Member

Please Help. A ton of snow fell off the roof of my 1998 Mitsubishi Minicab and pushed the wipers downward, well past the bottom of the windshield. I put them back in place. When i engage the wipers now, i hear the internal motor mechanism working, but they don't move. ideas? access?

2. slimbad

slimbad Member

Windshield wipers

Montucky, when the wipers were pushed down (by the snow) and subsequently pulled back up in place (by you), it probably stripped the female splines on wiper blades. (the blades fit over shafts that have corresponding male splines to get grip the blades and flop your wipers back and forth).

The splines are usually made of some soft metal, plastic, or nylon so that under a bind they will strip and keep from burning out your wiper motor.

You may be able to remove the nut at the base of the wiper blade and pull your blades off to see if that is the prob. With the blades off turn your wiper motor on and ensure that the shafts are turning back and forth....Good luck....later, slim