1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windshield Washer nozzle repair.

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by OwenA, Sep 15, 2009.

1. OwenA

OwenA New Member

A repair kit from Canadian tire can do the repair for you.

This is what you do. Remove glove compartment and the plastic supporting structure beneath it.

Now you can access the left hose. Use the hose extention with barbs to extend the reach of the hose.

Insert the new sprayer. Mount the nut on a socket with an extention. You can then slip the hose over the nozzle barb.

Its tricky but it can be done.

Now for the Right side. Access is extremely miserable. I gave up in disgust trying to dismantle the dash.

If you can access the old hose, with a forceps or something, block it off with a screw.

Get some stiff 1/4 in polypropylene tubing. Thread the tubing into the cab from outside. ( Insert it into the nozzle hole.) The stiff pipe can be redirected to the center console area. Remove the plastic cover for the center console,
    the washer hose exends from under the passenger seat, across the floor under the mat up behind the console and disappears into scraped-hand-and-dynamite-your truck-zone. But, If you tee it off at that point and attach the hose there you can supply water to the nozzle which you can mount from outside... When I did this I just let the nozzle rest in the hole under the wiper. The stiffness of the hose holds it in place.

Tinytoy likes this.
  2. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Ha :) You just need the extra joint in your arm between elbow and wrist and you can easily get to the far side of wiper?knuckleskinremoving land.
    Thanks for the good post.
    Did you try using air first on your lines?

3. OwenA

OwenA New Member

In my case the nozzle on the left side was broken right off. The right nozzle wouldn't work at all. They are supposed to be removable with a 90 degree twist. When I tried that it broke off in my hand, the plastic was brittle: presumably by way of its exposure to the sun over many years.