1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I post on some of the forums???

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by MK ULTRA, Feb 5, 2009.

1. MK ULTRA

MK ULTRA New Member

I tried to post on the FOR SALE forum and it said

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

Whats up with that...I registered 2 days ago and can send PM's but can't post question.

Please resolve this.

Thanks

Great site.

2. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

You have to "pay" to post in the for sale area.

There are other places to post for free though, other than here.

3. MK ULTRA

MK ULTRA New Member

I wasn't posting a NEW AD I wanted to ask the guy a question about what he had.

I PM'd him but got no answer.

YOu should be able to post on old topics but have to PAY when you post a new for sale ad.

thanks

4. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Hey, I agree. Personal users should be free all the time IMHO.

5. jtpc

jtpc Member

I think it's only $15 to post on there though, so I'm guessing if you can't afford that, you probably can't afford to be buying anything listed there! :D

6. MK ULTRA

MK ULTRA New Member

I Wasn't Selling I Wanted To Ask A Question.

Where Do You Find Your Information. I Saw That Nowhere.

It's Not A Matter Of If I Could Afford It.

Don't Be A Sa...........

I Wasn't

I Just Wanted Info.

7. jtpc

jtpc Member

The information is right above the "Mini-Truck Sales" Thread link. Here it is:
    Classifieds
    Disclaimer: Minitrucktalk.com is not responsible for the products or services sold in the classified sections. Please do your research on a seller before purchasing. Check the review forums and see if they're listed and someone you feel comfortable in doing business with.

Bronze Membership or higher to post here. $15 per year to post. Anyone can view.

Posts will expire after 75 days.

And I know you weren't selling anything.
    I am just taking up for the rules set by the forum.
    As stated, $15/yr to post in the Classifieds area.
    And as you stated, you can always contact the person by PM or if they leave a number.
    But if you want to post in the thread, I don't feel $15/yr will break anyone's bank.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  8. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

MK-- just checking to see if you got my pm--- did you get it?

9. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

you can always send a PM to the selling party??

10. MK ULTRA

MK ULTRA New Member

Thanks Milt I did that but got no answer.

11. rayallen

rayallen Member

Sometimes one must not be rude to get info from another person.

12. MK ULTRA

MK ULTRA New Member

I wasn't RUDE.

I asked a question.

Someone insinuated that I could not afford to pay $15 and that I could not afford a truck here.

I told him not to be an SA....

If that is rude he was rude first rayallen...

Thank You for your consideration.

The two had nothing to do with each other.

13. jtpc

jtpc Member

After you've been on this forum awhile, you'll learn to pick up on people's sense of humor. The guys here really are supportive of each other and share each other's love of these little trucks.
    Just watch for the smiley faces as hints to humor, k?

Till then, have fun,
    ~Josh

14. zardoz

zardoz Member

LOL I grew some MK Ultra last year... good buzzy stuff :p

z

15. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

I agree with you MK... but the forum mods feel differently about what should and should not be allowed. I think the fee to use the forsale section takes away from the forum and turns people away... but thats just my opinion. I have however personally seen a decline in posts in general and most of my friends that lurked have since stopped.

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

you guys just dont see the deals going on in the pm's is all. when it was a thread of questions it looked more active.

17. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

having more to read makes the forum more informative to the rest of the members. Perhaps some info was shared that would be useful to other potential buyers... More content is always better than less. I think alot of people would agree with me on that one. This forum used to be VERY active... now when I check it every few days there are only a handful of active threads... Before when I joined there were TONS of informative posts made by active members. Now most of the members that were around when I joined have seemed to move on. For example myself, I used to check it EVERYDAY and read for hours... now I pop on and off every other day for an hour at most.