1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels /Rims Help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by jamescab, Mar 19, 2009.

1. jamescab

jamescab New Member

Hi New GUY with 93 Carry just posted

Read alot, did a 2 1/4 lift ,like All Trail tire

Will 8 inch rims with work all 7 inch wheels are only rated at 700 lb
    but tires are 1300 to 1490
    What to do, I would like as tall 23 not 25 Diameter and as rim/wheel
    width need some Help I like my fender walls and do not want to cut them
    if I do not have to.

James

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean 7" wide wheel with a 8" wide tire? If thats the case I would say your OK although some members here have had problems with this in the past but had gotten it to work. I would not use an 7" wide tire on a 8" wide wheel. Also, I understand you issue with the wheel being rated for less weight than the tire. Are you planning on carrying a substantial amount of weight? When I had the ITP SS112 aluminum wheels on my truck there were only rated at 350lbs. I beat the heck out of them off road carrying a load of rock and they didn't break. Hope this helps. Welcome to the board!

-Greg

3. jamescab

jamescab New Member

Thanks Greg someone to Help

Yes I was not so clear. YES a 8 inch wheel with a 7 inch tire.
    I did not think it sounded so good, but I do not know what to do!!

Yes max Load 6X4 bed of Rock/ Wood lots of wood, About 1000 yards point A to point B in mud/ sand. I am making a dump now, it will dump 5000 lb not a problem.

Yes am a Build it, not Buy type

So I was thinking ITP SS312 or Vision Buckshot 7 inch wheel with All Trail 23x10.5-12 rear and 23x8.00-12 in front but same problem, Wheel 700lb, tires 1125 to 1340 lb

So did not know if 12x8 /4-115 -10.2 mm 4BS offset will work

So I can build it, so I will the next I know Works, Throw Money AT IT!!

I just would like Full load that Looks Good and Works
    James

4. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Give G&R Imports a call - they can help you with tires/wheel choices. I bought my Carlisle All Trails and fancy wheels from them and I'm been extremely pleased (except for the well-documented propensity for the *%#$*& tires to throw rocks.)

5. Shrimp Daddy

Shrimp Daddy Member

Post pics of your dump bed project when your finished please.
    Thanks.

6. slimbad

slimbad Member

Wheel load rating

James, first of all Welcome to the forum. Now to business about those 700lbs-rated wheels. Wheels should be rated at 50% of the heaviest gross axle weight rating (GAWR). I will use info relative to my 94 mits 4wd for an example. On my mits the heaviest GAWR is 633kg (1,396lb) with 23x8.5-12-4pr turf tires. Therefore, the wheels should be weight rated at 50% of the above totals - 316.5kg (698lbs). So, irregardless of your tire load capacity your wheels are adequately rated @ 700lbs. As far as tire size I changed mine out to AT25x8x12 (front) and AT25x10x12 (rear) and these are mounted on the original 7x12 wheels. Pix of my before/after tires are in post #7 of this thread:

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=4323

Hope this helps........later, slim

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  7. jamescab

jamescab New Member

Thats Great info

That justs the information I did not know.
    Now I can buy some wheels and Tires :)

Thank You Slimbad

Have nice ride
    James