1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheel question?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by strickhunter, Oct 30, 2007.

1. strickhunter

strickhunter New Member

i have a 1997 diahatsu deck van and was wondering if a set of stock 4 wheeler rims with the same bolt pattern would fit. the rims are off a kawaski with independent suspension. also when itp rims are being put on these mini trucks what wheels are you using, all fronts or all backs, and what offset?

2. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

I just put a set of take off Yamaha Rhino wheels on my HIJET. They needed a spacer 1.5 in the rear and 1 in the front. If yours came from independent suspension they may clear. The guy I got these from said they would not clear another fourwheeler becouse of the IPS and the calipers were too large.

Scott

3. MGeorge1972

MGeorge1972 Member

I just put a set of ITP rims on my 94 Hijet. They were for a Rhino with independant suspension. I did not have to us any spacers. They had a 4X110mm bolt pattern and had a 5-2 offset.

I have a thread that addresses the same issue in the Daihatsu forum. I would put a link here for you but don't know how..............You might look there for any other questions you might have. Hope this helps.........

Mike

4. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

Did yours look like these or are they steel?
    Scott

Attached Files:

5. strickhunter

strickhunter New Member

thanks for the info

6. grassman

grassman New Member

I have a 97 hijet and was told the offset was 2 and 5, also are your tires 24's or 25's.

7. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

Didn't know who the question was aimed at but
    my rhino wheels are 25x8-12 and 25x10-12

I used 1.5 spacers in the rear and 1 in the front.
    My hijet is two wheel drive.

8. smoothstroke

smoothstroke Member

Spacers

So if go with 25" wheels on my Zuk I will probably need spacers? Where do you pick up the spacers? Any auto parts store? Thanks:)

9. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

I got my spacers off ebay. They are 4x 110 mm lug pattern. That is the same as the rhino and alot of people are selling them for rhinos, supposely they ride better with them. The only reason I needed spacers is the rims rubbed the frame alittle and the front hit the struts slightly.

scott

10. smoothstroke

smoothstroke Member

Thanks For The Information, Terry

11. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

Rhino Rims and tires

Just looked at a set of Rhino take-off rims and found this:

Fronts were 12x6 rims, backspace was about 4.5"
    Rears were 12x7.5 rims, backspace was about 5.75"

They had a set of ITP 5+2 offset 12" rims and they measured:

Fronts and Rears about 4.75" backspace.

For those that have put the stock Rhino rims on their mini's, do
    the front rims hit or the wider tire actually hit the strut?

All relative to being put onto an '04 Daihatsu that is.

Thanks,
    SS

P.S. We did not have a straight edge so the measurements could be off
    just a little bit.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  12. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

I used the ITP C Series Type 7 wheels and did not need any spacers and they fit perfect. I run 12 x7 all the way around on 25" Maxxis Boghorn 6 ply radials. Most ATV wheels are the same width and offset front and rear. THe particular wheel I bought was not offered in any different offsets.

13. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

Sorry, had the question in the wrong part of the post.

When using stock wheels off of a Rhino do the front rims or tires hit the
    strut tower?

Thanks,
    SS

14. lzpoor

lzpoor Member

anyonr know the wheel size (bolt pattern) on the 1986 range diahatsu?

15. topherztoyz

topherztoyz Member

I have a 2001 Daihatsu. My bolt pattern is 4x100mm, not sure what year they changed the bolt pattern on Daihatsus, but I know at least early to late 90's.. Daihatsu's had the 4x110mm.
    Yamaha Rhinos wheels are 4x110, I have a Rhino, and a complete set of take-off's. I was going to put them on my Daihatsu Hijet, but I will need to trim the front part of the front whelwells... may do at later time. I did buy a set of 2" adapters/spacers to go from 4x100mm to 4x110mm. I also have a 2" lift installed.
    Now... I ended up buying a set of wheels and tires off eBay 23x8x12" and mounted them, and running them. A problem I had installing them was...on the front wheels... the inside of wheel was hitting the brake calipers, and wheel would not turn when lugs were tightened. I ended up grinding down a 3/16 " off the outside of calipers, and all works good now.
    Chris..

Attached Files:

16. mmk, after all your help im gonna try and squash some itp 15 inchers into my van this weekend. 5+2 offset.. wish me luck :)

17. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I wish you luck! :) I just got some 12" 5+2 rims today and despite my calling them to confirm what the EXACT backspacing was the won't fit. The guy assured me that the actual rim edge to hub face was 5" but in fact it's closer to 5.5". On the other hand, I threw on some 15x8" (4x100) rims from my VW and even with about 5.5" off backspacing they cleared. The strut moves inward as it goes up so the larger the diameter the more backspacing you can have.

18. update: i have 15" itp wheels, 5+2 offset with 195/50/15 all season tires. they clear the brakes and strut but not the front fender :)

we measured that there should be enough room if i put the 2" lift kit spacers in. ill just have to hope they are not too much with the new springs i put in

let's see what happens :)

19. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nuts! Good luck with the lift. Pics when you can! :D

20. so here we are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after lifting the front again i still need to chop some of the front doors off.

the verdict: don't be greedy, get smaller wheels or lower profile tires :) i would have done the latter but i plan on using this to get up mountains in the snow and such

anyone have any ideas before i chop?

on the plus side the ride is good and the engine doesn't seem to mind :)

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  21. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

It looks cool..:)

22. thanks ya i do really like it :)

23. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

The lift and wheels make it sorta look like a roller skate :p

24. it feels like one too :)