1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheel guidance

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by pass1over, Jul 22, 2021.

1. pass1over

pass1over Member

Hello all, purchased my Acty Attack and waiting for it to be put on the ship. I'd like to get a few things sorted out before it gets here and wheels/tires are first on my list. I've read a ton about the different sizes of street wheels that can be used with tires, but i'm not sure that's the way I want to go.

I probably won't be driving it on the street, it will mostly be used on my 40 acre horse farm for feed/chores/etc.

I've noticed there aren't a ton of options (especially off road type) on tires in the 13 or 14" sizes. Would I be better off sticking to an ATV style wheel for more of a selection of off-road type tires?

2. pass1over

pass1over Member

If I put a 2" lift on the truck, I think I read somewhere the overall diameter you are going for is 23.5" to avoid rubbing issues, is this correct?

3. DAN CANAAN

DAN CANAAN New Member

While putting on a 2" lift is easy and affordable around $250 or less, you may not see any clearance advantage unless you replace the front springs first. They are notoriously weak for stock and do not age well. For $120-150 you can get 250, 275, and 300 pound rated springs from Summit Racing which makes a massive difference to avoid tire rubbing.

4. pass1over

pass1over Member

Seems like the 300 might be the way to go, as I too am a large individual at 6'3", 235.

I'll definitely get some of these on order.

5. pass1over

pass1over Member

A few posts I've found say it's a 2.625" ID spring, while another site says it's 2.5" ID spring. So, which is it?

6. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

I would use 23 inch ATV tires, select the thread pattern that suit your needs. Make sure you check the load rating.