1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel fitment for s110p

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Pro_donor, May 21, 2021.

1. Pro_donor

Pro_donor New Member

I can't seem to find the thread that has a rounded set of parameters for the wheel fitment on this truck so sorry if I am beating the deadhorse.

I understand the 4x110 bolt pattern but what offset range and back spacing parameters do these trucks accept?

I am ok with cutting to fit for turning issues but if someone can give me the quick skinny on min and max for everything I'd really appreciate it.

I think I've found 5 wheel options for the build but keep getting new questions with each wheel .

2. Roadster

Roadster Active Member

I used 40mm offset, 13" x 5" wheels... You might consider adapter-spacers from 110 to 100 or other bolt pattern to give you much more choice for suitable wheel and tyre combinations for what you are planning...

3. Pro_donor

Pro_donor New Member

Thanks for the info. Is like to avoid the spacers as a potential fail point. Going to see if I can't find a hub that will replace them if it gets that bad but I'm hoping when I find the backspacing that fits good I won't need to get to crazy like that

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’m running 14X6, with 4+6 offset, on my S110P. There is a pretty good video of how to figure out what fits on YouTube, by Four Sons Offroad.

5. Pro_donor

Pro_donor New Member

Looking at some 15×7 with an offset option of 36 (5.400 backspacing) or 51 (6.000 backspacing)

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’d look for a smaller wheel. If I remember correctly the Dakar involves quite a bit of rough road. You are going to want a fairly high side wall to allow the tire to flex and take up some of the impacts.

And, if you get too large of a tire diameter you end up with out enough torque, to actually turn them. You could possibly get one of the 1-liter engines installed in the EU, Britain, Australia, and other export markets. and, that might let you go to the taller tire.

If you’re staying with the 660-cc engine, you need to stay down around a 23-inch tire.

7. Pro_donor

Pro_donor New Member

You are correct. I do not believe we will be able to meet the vehicle qualifications for the true dakar rally. It is just stylized like the dakar rigs. Once we get through some of the other runs we have planned we will see if we can get a special acception for DAKAR. we are going to run the mongol charity rally from UK to MONGOLIA July 2022 if they don't cancel again but a section of that is the silk road rally. And the roughest road in turkey. So your input still stands.

I am talking to some modification shops in Japan and malaysia about getting the most out of the engines and they say the 660 is quite capable with some work. It will end up as a 1.3 or higher turbo set up as it stands now. I just need more data and engine info for the exact one we have.

We are also relocating the radiator and reworking the front suspension out of the unibody configuration and hopefully there we will be able to acomodate the 15/7 with the tires I have planned. The future for the more rough runs *hopefully dakar if we can get traction in our following and marketability we will definitely go with some smaller tires and some supergrip canine tires on beadlocks. I wish kmc or one of the well established race wheel brands had some 4x110 14" offerings but no luck. If it gets to the point I'll see about making some replacement hubs and do a short run for anyone who wants to change their bolt pattern to a more available wheel