1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel application list

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Tom's Mini Trucks, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Terrh

Terrh New Member

13" mazda rx-7 wheels from 1979-1985 RX-7's should fit no problem, they're 4x110 bolt pattern. Many other early 80's mazdas shared this pattern too.

Several ford products used a 4x108 pattern which /may/ fit as well..

I just read the previous pages and saw that someone said they won't fit.

I've seen TWO seperate hijets with RX-7 wheels. I'm sure they'll fit.

adding to the rx-7 center bore (which is IIRC huge, I'm surprised that the truck is bigger) if that is the only issue it's probably not that difficult to solve.

Also, they're probably a reasonably common wheel. All the Base, GS, and GSL rx-7's (about 90% of them produced) from 1978-1985 will have that bolt pattern. That's 200,000+ cars. Or 800,000 wheels.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. okiecat

okiecat Member

115mm rims

Hey Tom, hope your still working on that list of rims for 115mm. I have a Mit. I just got it yesterday and have already started looking for tires and rims to fit. Adios

3. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

what model is your mitsu? mine is a 92 U42T and the bolt pattern is 4x114.3mm

4. okiecat

okiecat Member

Snowman, Hey Mine is a 98 Mit. I asume it is also a 4X 115 or technically a 114.3. Got any clues on which wheels fit. I would like a 14 or 13. I think. This is all new to me. I'm also thinking about a 2-3" lift. I have got to have a m/s tire for gravel and paved roads. 75% of driving the rest is in plowed fields. Adios

5. canadian1

canadian1 Member

4x115

tom; this is great. do you have this info. for 4x115mm?
    thanks
    paul

6. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

13 inch rims

We have in production 13 x 5.5 inch steel rims witn 3 inch backset and are available in Powder coated Black and Chrome Plated. 4 x 100, 4 x 110, and 4 x 115 rims will all be available within 10 days. I have also prepared a listing of available 13 inch tires and their effect on the accuracy of the speedometer. All sizes will have large center bores for all applications. Email me at cmaranto@earthlink.net and I will send out a pricelist and the tire list. Both sheets will be available off the website sometime next week.

Thanks

Chuck Maranto
    cmaranto@earthlink.net

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  7. Hi Paul I have completed the 4-115mm list, I just have not had time to post it..pm me a fax number and i'll fax it to you
    Tom

8. MeZ

MeZ Member

Go Faster - I think our plans are closely the same I want to lower the carry lock the diff make it 2wd and have a go at sliding it not seriously just a little bit of fun :p

However I came to this thread because whilst heaps of you are posting sizes i dont think anyones posted about offset?? (maybe im just to noob to understand the sizes and you guys are?) haha

Anyway I would like to know how much offset you could run without running into any hassles, Ive been informed on another forum it is near impossible because of the hub design..

Heres a dodgy photoshop a mate did which soughta shows what i mean, I want lots of dish if you get me.
    Would anyone be able to tell me if this is possible?

[​IMG]

9. canadian1

canadian1 Member

Info

TOM
    i never received the info.
    paul

10. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

MeZ, Here are my thoughts on your post.
    • Offset: Usually expressed as + [positive] or - [minus] figure where a + offset is closer to the centerline of the car and a - offset sticks out further from fenders.
      Measured in mm most [not sure if all] of these trucks have a + offset just like a FWD car.
      Most FWD cars have a offset of + 35~45 mm in there rims.
      My Sambar came with 12x4" +40 mm from factory. Also most RWD cars come with - offset from factory.
    • To do any drifting [sliding] with the truck you are going to have to stay close to or smaller than the stock O.D. of the tires
      as these trucks don't have gobs of torque to break the rubber free. I'm sure this will apply to even the larger engine Cary down under.
    • The gist of a lift the offroad guys use is that it lifts the critical rub point around the front door away from the tire letting them use - offset rims and bigger tires.
      With you wanting to go lower it will make the wider tire/ - offset rim look almost impossible to achieve with a larger O.D. tire.
      The further a - offset you use the more the centerline of the tire moves from the centerline of the front axle.
      This causes interference of the door/ tire when turning sharply lock to lock.
      Thats why in your case a smaller O.D. tire might actually be a good thing.
      It will give more clearance, lower the truck slightly, let the engine spin the tires more easily.
    • One way to achieve a partial victory is to consider wider 12" rims like 12" x5.5" or 6" if available with the -offset rim you are looking for and combine it with a low profile 12" tire like 165/70R12.
      There might be bigger/ lower profile 12" on the market in the UK or Japan - I haven't done enough searching to say one way or the other.
    • I would think that the lowerings springs shouldn't be hard to locate in Japan as I have seen more lowered Carry's than anything else. They make body kits as well i.e. side skirts, air dams, etc

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  11. Windmill

Windmill Member

What a wealth of information. Tom's Mini Truck and Timetripper thanks for the information. Mighty Milt I wish I had 100th of the information that you have. But since I am mechanically challenged my wife will not let me put in a light bulb.

12. MeZ

MeZ Member

Timetripper - Thank you very much for that post explained things nice and easy for me!!

EDIT: Id be happy with something with this type of fitment

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  13. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Hi this question is about the rims that wil fit the suzuki 94 that has a wheeel size of 114.3 I would like to go to a 13 inch rim. What vehicles use this rim size. Thanks Iceman.

14. zardoz

zardoz Member

I took the aluminum 12's off of my 88 "Festiva", put them on my 93 "Carry" ... no real change in ride.. just looks much nicer

z

15. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Old thread but I think this is a good reason to bring it back to life: I found a site for a company that will make just about any adapter you need. Here is a link: http://www.shop.adapterkings.com/main.sc

There is one thing to consider when looking for wheels: You need to compensate for the offset of the adapters to get your wheels back to close to the stock offset to keep loads balanced on the bearings.

16. jat240

jat240 New Member

I have some early 80s datsun 200SX wheels on mine. 14x5.5 I forget the offset

17. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I just bolted the Geo metro rims on mine!
    I have 14 and 15" rims from my swift GT that fit as well!

18. 11Shane11

11Shane11 New Member

19. 11Shane11

11Shane11 New Member

I would also like a list of the 115 by 4 in rims that you can fit have found.
    debshane@email.com
    Thanks

20. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I believe I have a few sets of 14"!

21. William Turner

William Turner New Member

On my 1988 Subaru, I bought Rhox wheels in 14x6 with 3x3 offset. Tires are 175x65x14. Bolted right up with stock suspension. Did have to trim fron corners of doors for hard turns.

22. streetweapn

streetweapn New Member

Ebay has all the spacers that you could ever think of but are specific sizes.

23. CVP33

CVP33 Active Member

Finding the right bolt pattern is not an issue. Getting the correct center bore though is an issue. I found a cheap eBay set 4x110 to 4x4.5 for $65 but then spent $80 to have a machine shop bore the centers to 66.1mm as most are 60mm and won’t seat properly to be safe.

The good news is that the money you’ll save on wheels more than makes up for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1654869233...gZtc4ZCSiC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

[​IMG]

24. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

And having the correct center bore is a very good thing because it is used to keep the wheels centered.

25. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member

Jigs n fixtures & cvp33 well put! I have found using wheel adaptors is not good, I had some on my Mazda b4000(aka ford Ranger) I was out hunting at broke one off. It left my stranded for a half of day, they
    Guys at several tire shops have told me! That they make the ride look cool but they are a pain. Lesson learned.

26. morningwood

morningwood New Member

I would like to see a price list