1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel application list

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Tom's Mini Trucks, Apr 22, 2008.

1. GoFaster

GoFaster Member

well get out the bandsaw and MIG welder and start making something happen :D

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

Gofaster, dude!! you gotta stop, this is killing me!!

#1 i'm a fabricator by trade, and could do this in my sleep, aside from the fact that i have a gimp hand due to an accident at work, they had to harvest tendons from my forearm and rebuilt a joint in my hand... i have all the tools and equipment... i love to lower things

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from this.. (drug it home for $100)
    [​IMG]

to this...
    [​IMG]

#2 i live in cow country, and don't know how well i could navigate the roads in a lowered stance

#3 it's 4wd, i can see it now, "yo, mac daddy milt, you gotsta kick in that fo' wheel drive so we could get over that speed bump, yo"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Hey Milt, Not that I'm against lowering. I've done a few myself, but a 4x4 no way. How about this: I've always thought one of these trucks would look bad *** with a lift and low profile all terrains. That way you can still use the 4WD but maintain the handling on the highway. Not to mention you already have the stack. Just thought I'd run that by you.

-Greg

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

yeah that's really what i'm aiming for, mostly just biding my time till my hand is a usefull member of society again :rolleyes:

i would like to lift it only about 2 inches to avoid too much hassle with the drive train lowering and all, and put a low pro 14" or 13" a/t on it... if it can be found.

my wife know's i'm an idiot out on the road... not like a terrible driver but she's been in the passenger seat in the mud :D and her biggest fear is me building it too tall and top heavy and her getting that call... "uhm, honey, you know i love you right?... can you get the dodge and the tow straps and the trailer... maybe call dave for some help... my truck is on it's side... no, baby, i'm allright.. just a little banged up..."

:rolleyes: <---jen

5. greg0187

I know what ya mean. I was worried about the truck being top heavy, but you could ask several people that have ridden in mine and they will tell you, well you know, how crazy I am, and how I almost got them killed. LOL

Anyway, someone posted this video awile back. I didn't belive it at first, trickery you know, but I do now.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=D9_BoKnCpmA

Greg

6. GoFaster

GoFaster Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  7. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

there's no way you could cruise on the two side wheels with an open diff, but after mastering riding a unicycle, i think i've got enough balance to do that :D

keep in mind i'm sittin in the living room working on my laptop.... she heard the guys from top gear and her ears perked up (gotta love her for her recognition of the motorheads)

the missus looked at these over my shoulder, then stared and me and said "NO!"

lol :rolleyes:

8. Wheels and adapters

I thought I would finish what I had started with this thread,regarding wheels and adapters for a Daihatsu (110mm to 100mm). I got my 1st set of adapters I had manufactured for the impossible 110mm x 4 bolt pattern that most all pre 1999 Daihatsu mini trucks have. These really worked out great so I am posting a pic of my 98 Daihatsu SI with a set of Acura 14" 100mmx4 wheels I found at the salvage yard.I mounted a set of 175/r70 14's up and what a great change from those 12" tires. She cruises at 70 no problem .. even with my old 1936 Indian chief on board!...I had several sets of these adapters made up so e mail me if you need a set($200 for full set includes lug nuts 12x1.5mm)
    Tom

Attached Files:

9. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

the wheels look good, and the side skirts on the bed are fantastic!! but, nothing compares to the indian :D

10. greg0187

Great work Tom. I'm sure other members appreciate the hard work you put into this as well. BTW You can add Saturn to the list of wheels for the 4x100. They fit mine just fine.

-Greg

11. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Tom, I have found your list very useful as well
    Thanks for the info:)
    I quite often point posters to this thread for those
    "what fit's what questions" and I always make sure to give you credit
    for it though.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  12. dwink

dwink Member

That is an awesome list you compiled! I know you posted several days ago, but I just saw it. Nice Hijet, did you build those skirts are did they come from japan on the truck? Also how much offset do your spacers have? Oh, just saw Milt's Caddy from the earlier post also, Big Pimpin!

13. Wheels and Adapters

Thanks all! .. The adapters are 1 inch thick, The side skirts or a factory item on the IS model ,I am considering having these reproduced in fiberglass for all models and making them available to the public. The factory skirts are steel. Any interest out there in a set of these???.. Also I just completed my 114.3mm x 4 wheel application llist and will be posting soon.
    Tom

14. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

15. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

16. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

mazda miata 14" x 5.5" rims fit very nicely. the tires are a bit larger than i wanted, but were brand new 185/65R14 (23.5") and fit without a lift kit and without rubbing anything but the front mud flap on a hard turn. i will be putting a 2" lift kit shortly.

[​IMG]

17. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

Did you find them at the scrap yard? I wonder if they would work on my 99 Suzi with 4x100 rims?Jeff

18. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Moderator

I found them on craigslist, $200 with brand new tires on them

19. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

Great Deal

20. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Excellent! :D
    Welcome to Club 14 :cool: