1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to becoming a sponsor??

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Sales' started by GR.mike, Jun 10, 2008.

1. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

What ever happened to becoming a site supporter before posting your inventory. I get on here as often as I can to help answer questions and offer parts or trucks to people looking. I know when I first started I was reluctant to post any info about sales stuff I had until my sponsorship went trough, now I see people trying to sell their trucks, lift kits, and other stuff daily. The sposorship is not that expensive and it goes to a great site (cudos guys!!). Not to sound like to old guy next door but please offer your support to the site your advertising on before advertising on it for free. I rarely see any site supporter blasting his/her inventory on the links. We are here for help and to support something we believe in. If you have a truck that you want to sell and don't want to offer anything to the ste other than that please use craigslist or ebay, that is what they are designed for. This site is for minitruck enthusists who are in it to help make these great machines more popular in the states and Canada, not to make a quick buck and then bail.:frustration:

Okay, sorry about the rant, just don't want to see the site get over ran with Bobby down the road trying to sell his 89' suzy that he thinks is priceless.:rolleyes:

2. Clifford

Clifford Member

I respectfully have to disagree, somewhat...
    I do not think non-sponsoring dealers should be allowed to post links to their websites, or solicit business on the site, so that sponsors have some benefit for supporting the site.
    But, members should be able to sell their personal trucks, and other items, as long as they aren't in the business.
    I don't like to see folks register on the site, just to use it for selling an item, and then leave either.
    Perhaps, there needs to be some rules to govern this area!

3. I would agree that individuals should be able to sell their personal trucks and accessories. Dealers should not be allowed to arbitrarily register and post up their inventory without sponsorship. I am a "dealer" and respect the money that the larger guys put up for sponsorship and do not try to push my business for free. While this is a side business and I have decided to not do sponsorship advertising at this time, I may in the future and would hope others would have the same respect for my sponsorship at that time. I joined this forum for the information and resources, not for the advertising. I'm not looking for the huge sales numbers and shipping trucks all over the country - I treat this more like a hobby that I can enjoy, make a little extra money at, and hopefully spread the word about these great trucks. I've worked with other dealers to help them out when they need trucks or even referred customers to other dealers that can help them out.

Like the show My Name is Earl says, Karma is a B!t@h! :D

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I agree aswell. A individual should be able to sell an item or two. All of us are trying different things and sometimes come up with a extra part, tires ect. we dont need. But some would say a line needs to be drawn. Like right now, I have a fuel tank for a DD51-T Suz. that had three holes knocked in it when backing out of container. No I was not driving. Ordered a new fuel tank(thank you mandmtractors), got it, installed it. Got the old one fixed. Now I have a extra fuel tank one if anybody is interested. If and when I sell it I wont ask a arm and a leg for it, not like some of some the bigger parts dealers I know. And know I will not mention any names. I sell trucks and have typed in many experiences that have come across my plate. I have learned about these trucks at the school of hard knocks. At this moment I have groin pains with a 97 turbo, fuel injection problem. Ok, Iam getting carried away, but come on, if a guy (or girl for that matter) wants to try and get lose of a item or two, big deal.

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Competition is good in alot of ways. It makes better products, aligns prices, keeps people researching different products from other sources. So if you become a money giver to this site post your items and prices. I would love to go to one site and compare.

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

GR,

i noticed it before you mentioned it. i agree that this is a site for enthusiast and it's a great well of knowledge to draw from. i appreciate the tips and tricks i learn here, and am always willing to pass along what i've learned. i'm not sure how all this works with the putting money up for being a dealer, but i'm sure it's a good thing, and it is tough to see some guys playing by the rules and others just shamelessly peddling their wares.

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

GR, if you see a post that you think violates the spirit and/or rules of the site, please don't hesitate to report the post to Kevin or any of the other moderators (Colin, ABC, myself). I know that I don't have time to read every single post so we're probably just missing them. :eek: It's the mix of dealers and users that makes this site so unique. We want you guys around!!

8. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I'm trying keep up with all the posts and it is hard to read every single post. I agree totally with Acerguy that we need both the dealers and users on the site. Thats whats made this site come together so well, everyone here is mature and knowledgeable about these trucks and is willing to share their mistakes and what have ya.

Report the posts if you think they are violating any rules or if it just looks fishy. I don't want this to deter anyone from posting there reviews of a products or some good information that should be shared.

9. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

where are the rules and regulations about memers and dealers and contributions at??

10. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

11. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

I agree that competition is a good thing. I just want this site to become something great. I think that the admins are doing a great job. I know that everyone wants to have these trucks street legal, it helps to have a unified front on the issue...this site helps spread ideas and tatics for that. I just was stating that as of late it seems like there have been more and more ads for selling trucks (mostly from non-sponsors). I tell most of my customers about this site so they can share and pick up tips just like me. I would hate to see the trend get worse until this site becomes just another ebay for Kei trucks. I agree that if you have a truck that you want to sell (wouldn't know why you would), but this is the place to find someone looking

All in all I guess every forum has it's issues and if that is the worse thing this one has then major cudos ;) to the admins for a fine forum

12. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

I, like most of the sponsors, try to post up good info when I can offer something of value. But frankly, one of the reasons I am here is to try to sell trucks. Ironically, I dont think I have sold one from here yet. But, I love the site, and appreciate having a place to share info about the trucks, and also have a place to advertise.
    One way that I use the site is---- Whenever I get an email or call for something I dont have, or maybe the potential customer is too far away, I refer them to this website to get info on the trucks, and to see what dealers are in their area.
    If I was the administrator, I would want all the traffic possible. It wouldnt bother me that someone signed up JUST to sell their personal truck- or likewise if someone just came on to find a truck to buy. I think the more members, posts, views, etc. the better. Of course I wouldnt want any spam or stuff like that. I think we have a great mix of dealers and non dealers! And I hope to see this site grow.

Sidenote- I like the fact that the site is fairly civilized and alot of people are very helpful to newbies, and alot of dealers share info. I for one, dont feel at all threatened by any of the "competition" here. I have actually made some 'friends' and good contacts for parts and such.
    This is a GOOD thing!

Thanks for the site!!!

13. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

MiniMog,
    This is just an observation, but when reading "posts" I don't remember seeing (any) member(s) from the California area.?. It's like, kinda far removed if someone wanted to "stop" by and take a look your inventory. I don't mean this to be "funny" but that might have something to do with not selling any vehicles. Oops! ca., Canada? Not California?. Never mind!
    Tmikewww
    (tom)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  14. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Tom- California! :)

I think you are correct about not many peeps from Ca. on here. I am spreading the word the best I can!!!

Honestly, even if I never sold a truck from being on this forum, I would still be here because it is fun and very informative. And helping to spread the word about the minis.

:)