1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

NICE!!! I've been toying with the idea of doing an HID retrofit in my truck...

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

mine turned even more into a work bench.. now my father has the box full of stuff... grr

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

damn those look bright...nice

4. Kitty

Kitty Member

Derp, I gotta get HID's for my truck too la. :sly:

5. Kitty

Kitty Member

[​IMG]

My Lovely Kei Did that. :cool:

6. axle

axle Member

Plastic screen to protect the radiator from stones and insects:frustration:

Attached Files:

7. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

Finally got the seats in

Have been killing my back with the original seats
    for months now

acty seat.JPG
    acty head.JPG

Finally got around to putting in the seats from the wrecker

90's toyota passeo
    passeo seats.jpg

Lotsa modz to the seats to make them fit

stripped them completely down

Cut off the headrest to be able to mount below the bar that runs under the back window

Scrapped off most of the foam on the back part of the seat to give me as much room as possible

Was able to macguyver some pieces and make the backs of the seats fit into the original mounts ( some kind of spring clips )
    It allows me to take them out pretty easy

Was even able to re do all the mounting hardware from the original passenger seat so that the new one still folds up and outa the was when needed

Lotsa plasma cutting
    Lotsa welding

Lotsa fun

The center panel ( light colored part in the pic ) is even removable
    So I took it out
    Allowing for me to sit a little deeper in the seat

Replaced the panel with the gel seat cushion i had
    So now it has the support, but its a little cushier

Nice to have some lateral support for a change:)

I even moved the original headrests - cause they were in a krappy position for my big fat head
    stripped the hardware off them
    2 way taped them to the window in a lower position - way better

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  8. Stuff99

id thought it would kill the butt before the back.

9. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

I have a good ol Ukrainian butt :)

10. longview

longview Member

new tires

Got the new tires on the truck today ( 155/80/13 goodyear nordics) i will run these year round on the road bought trailer dust caps from TSC they fit the steel wheels ok but when i went to install wheels on truck they interfered and popped off... now i am wondering if i just want to paint the exposed surface to prevent rusting or try and locate dust caps that will work.. tried the original Subaru caps that came on my 12" wheels but they did not snap on ( maybe i need to heat up the caps to get them to fit? they were outside in the garage. Wheels are painted flat green to blend in with the camo that is yet to come ;)

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. dwlb

dwlb Member

I installed new rims & tires with chains,fender flares to cover new tires. Went to the woods to bring out a few loads of firewood, new tires worked better than my 6-12 tractor tires. The flares are Pacer Performance Flexy Flares part # 52-170 - side mount 2 1/4 x 54" 2 piece kit was just enough to do all 4 wheels.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  12. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

BMW/Honda transformation begins

I'm going to try to transform this Honda into a BMW. I removed all the Honda emblems. BMW rims and 215/50-R13 tires are on. It was a little to cold to add the front and rear logos and horn button. I'm looking forward to taking it to the local Farm & Fleet store. The local farmers should go nuts (hopefully)!

dan
    www.woodysminitrucks.com

Attached Files:

13. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I put on some new wiper blades and realized that I have to figure out where the washer fluid tank is! :D

14. Kitty

Kitty Member

Under the seat ?

15. axle

axle Member

ac

Finally my old ac got installed today, its summer time here and the weather is getting hot.:D

Attached Files:

16. Stuff99

interesting. who made it?

17. jgarrett

jgarrett Member

I am trying to add ac to my ride...I need all the pictures you have to try and piece this together...thanks

18. axle

axle Member

my friend has the tools and i did it in one whole day. we used the old compressor,blower(fan), hoses, condenser, evaporator, aux fan, filter. new parts are pipe fittings, thermostat, relay. we trim the blower case to fit under the dash board, used washing machine drain hose for the distribution of air from blower to air ducks. drill a hole in floor under the dash for the tube line to condenser, evaporator and wire. only fan speed is working. thermostat control is set permanently. working properly, no more sweat and more driving comfort.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  19. Sundremud

Sundremud New Member

14" rims

I just tried 14" rims from a pre-73 ford mustang/ maveric........They fit beautifully! Even have the right back spacing to pull the tires out enough to put mud tires on.....I found some interco Bias TSLs :rolleyes: ...hmmmm

20. starpuss

starpuss Member

- pulled out the mechanical fuel pump and installed a electric fuel pump
    -and a set of 1300LM lights.

21. aeroshots

aeroshots Member

Drove to a local hardware store at 55 mph and purchased a step ladder. OH!!!! You asked what did you do "TO" not "WITH" my truck. In that case, I totally changed my front end alignment and eliminated the "death wobble" at 45 mph.:eek:

22. Stuff99

replaced a wiper on the truck yesterday. Just a warning to everyone else, those frameless curved wipers that walmart sells, they end caps and the arms do break on them, letting the wiper rubber fly out lol
    [​IMG]

23. Plowed a **** load of snow today!!:(

24. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Plowing's fun! :pop:

I made a battery box bracket over the weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Stuff99

I got it dirty :p
    [​IMG]

And forded the front street. yay for above freezing temp for the last week in the middle of FEBRUARY..
    [​IMG]

26. Kitty

Kitty Member

Nothing, absolutely nothing. DANG !

27. Stuff99

today i had the most quiet ride to work in the longest time. truck started amazingly fast. like turned key and i dont think it turned over a whole rotation before it was running. idled it up and went back in the house. 10 mins later i came out and the windows are all clear (sweet) and then on the way to work i notice its kinda quiet. there is no valve noise or anything of the sort(remember its a diesel lol)! kinda scary but maybe something to do with the cold/warm temp fluctuation we have been having.

28. luluyug

luluyug Member

yesterday i went to my mini dealer for little repairs... after replacing rear crankshaft seal, pilot bearing, clutch assy. repaired burned position lights wire and a seezed wiper pivot.......:frustration:. on the bright side i went for a test drive with a 1991 suzuki every turbo!!!! oly..... that thing movvvvves:D great micro van with only 61 km on it. to bad i dont have the budget to buy it. i will keep my db51t for another year. hope no more trouble.

29. axle

axle Member

painted mat black the wheels:D

Attached Files:

30. Stuff99

sweet truck