1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your truck today?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Coast Steve, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

envy :p just wish mine would get the boots done finally. they "forgot" about it on Wednesday...

2. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

New rubber is always nice!

3. Stuff99

tried to blend into my surroundings

[​IMG]

4. luluyug

luluyug Member

yesterday went to my local dealer and got my brand new trailer wich is actualy the rear portion of a 1990 db 51t!!! pics to come shortly since my computer had a major nuclear meltdown... makes a great setup!!!db51 truck db51 trailer

5. Stuff99

oh my!!! that is worth of needing pictures indeed!

6. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Yes ..that should be very cool:pop:

7. luluyug

luluyug Member

pics of my new trailer

her are some pics hope this works!!!

Attached Files:

8. fupabox

Ha..that's sweet love it..:)

9. luluyug

luluyug Member

thanks! it is a project in the making it will be ready for next summer with lots of storage and canoe rack and an army style truck tarp ....

10. Stuff99

Aww that is tooo cute!!!

for me today, drove 400km round trip to Regina in -36 windchill today. truck did great. Also stopped at that clean air service place and got my filter measured up for a replacement to be made!! of course it was so cold that it was a real PITA to get the filter out and back in!

11. Kitty

Kitty Member

Hopefully, next week a plow will be mounted. :pop:

12. fupabox

built the beast

I saw something similar a while back ,,done with desktop speakers so I made my own version for the Mits. 3" abs pipe elbows,fiberglass packing, etc..2 3inch bass drivers from a surplus home theatre surround system ($5 from "the source" warehouse:)) 2 1 inch dome tweeters, 2 2way crossovers (mounted inside) the centre is an unpowered 1 1/2 inch fabric cone tweeter used as a baffle....took about 2 days of experimenting with different pipe lengths,ports and crossover frequencies...but it sounds awesome..honestly I didn't expect it to sound this good...once I clean off a bit of sloppy abs cement,it will be mounted above the rear window....total outlay maybe $25 as I had some of the stuff hanging around anyway (never throw out old speaker crossovers you never know when you can use them):)

Attached Files:

13. Stuff99

wow thats neat!

14. fupabox

Okay i need some help from the Borg collective here...I built the beast..but...I cant figure out how to mount it...it weighs around 12 lbs and is pretty powerful so I need to have an anti vibration mounting point...but,don't want to drill through the rear cab wall if at all possible....any thoughts??

15. erixun

erixun Member

That is kinda funny, I was thinking where the &%$# are you going to mount that? And was going to ask, because that is a cool set up.

Not sure about the spacing but maybe use straps/ supports from the headrest mounts?

16. fupabox

Well...had I had some forethought I would have figured something out before it was done and glued together:frustration:

17. longview

longview Member

swapped out the original battery for a "regular" car type....let the fun begin:D

18. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

LOVE IT !!!

I did a similar thing WAY back years ago using 6x9's and 5 feet of industrial sewer pipe for each one.
    Did it in a big ol ford van
    It kicked BUTT!!

Never even thought of it for little ones

Course I don't have my music so loud my ears bleed anymore

19. anthill

anthill Member

Fixed the stuttering and power loss:
    [​IMG] -> [​IMG][​IMG]
    New parts, courtesy of NOT A SITE SPONSOR :p Learned a valuable lesson - TWIST the spark plug cables as you fasten them to scrape any corrosion off the contact surfaces.

Also, fixed the struggling starter motor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Honda Civic battery fits in a Domingo!

Finally got the Goodyear Nordic winter tires mounted - do you think they'd be OK for dirt/gravel in the summer?
    [​IMG]

Oh and the best: Replaced the cabin 'festoon' lights with these LEDs from DealExtreme. A bit blue-ish white, but brighter, and 1/5 the power draw.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    A. Gillingham and Stuff99 like this.
  20. axle

axle Member

fixed chains to hold the mudflaps, having rubbing isssue:frustration:

Attached Files:

21. Stuff99

aww the chain is to scale to lol

22. fupabox

Liking those tires I see...what are they??

23. axle

axle Member

the brand name is chao yang 6.40X6.50X13 it makes big noise on the road but good traction on the mud

Attached Files:

24. axle

axle Member

:D harharhar

25. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

What you have there is what many of us here in N.A. are looking for...a streetable off road tire!

26. Stuff99

and its got a DOT # on it!

27. longview

longview Member

got my mini ready for the road this week (safety,e-test and insurance) :D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  28. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

That's such an excellent picture!

I saved it for my buddies and desktop