1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well drying up???

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Ran440, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Ran440

Ran440 Member

I bought a 1995 Zuki about 2 years ago. It is plated and I drive it on the street. Realized I love this thing, so I started looking for a second one. Lately it seems like there just isn't as many for sale as I used to see. Talking about feebay, local Craigslist ( Flint Mi ) , even local dealer Gung-Ho trucks only has a hand full of almost new or brand new trucks. Where have the late 90's gone?
    Is it just me or is the well drying up?
    Randy

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I think so,
    I bought mine like 5 years ago and paid top dollar.
    Started hearing all kinds of low ball prices out of the US after that from a lot of farm guys, (farm forums). They didn't want to work on them, and they couldn't figure them out.
    Easier to bring a "ranger" into the dealer for repairs.
    Sure, costs a lot to buy a ranger, and to repair it...but "easier".

I think that the market has changed again, anyone who wanted to sell, did so, and those that are owners now, don't want to sell. For those that now want a unit, prices are going to start to climb back up to the levels not seen for a few years.

I wouldn't even consider an offer for mine below 10 grand. Sure, it's modded out, but still...

3. Ty-Mann

Ty-Mann New Member

Over on the west coast of Canada it looks like the kei trucks are hard to come by here too. Most of the dealers/importers have next to no stock, and what they do have tends to be oddities. And here I am with my cash in my pocket still trying to find my illusive Subaru Sambar mini truck to put in my driveway. :(

4. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

They are between 9 and 12,000 up here in Alaska. Used they sell for between 1500-5500 depending on how bad off it is and luck.

5. rst277

rst277 Member

There are 5 for sale in Winnipeg ranging from a minicab for 3500 (good deal) to a minicab for 10000 (guy is on crack) there are 2 dumps a subaru for 7500 and a suzuki for 6000 both look sweet. If there were Daihatsu, I'd have bought one. Seems to be hit and miss as there were none for sale over the last 6 months. If you're interested in these trucks look at manitoba kijiji. All are 1992 vintage. Seems like guys that wanted one bought one a few years ago and the demand has dried up. Ralph in Winnipeg

6. Daner

Daner Member

The only ones I see people selling are the newer trucks around 15 years old and newer. Dealer service is a big deal to some people. My small town had a IH dealer in the 80s. There were IH grain trucks and pickups all over. Then IH closed it to save money and in a couple years almost no one had IH. Farmers especially need service and parts right now if something happens during crunch time. Sometimes that is more important than brand loyalty.

7. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Same goes up here. Seems nobody knows how to work on these or where to get affordable parts. So most of these little trucks we find for sale have been driven till they aren't worth fixing. I'm really hoping that when I get mine done that it will help to get more of these up here. Parts and repair are the reason people stay away.