1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welded Diff

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Mighty Milt, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i found this thread on another forum and thought i would pass it along as i'm sure a lot of you will appreciate it.

i must warn you, however, that the other forum is not as well regulated and there are some "four letter words" in there... but it was just too good not to pass along.

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I could see the picture as I was reading and I thought OMG. Cool post.

-Greg

3. wainair

wainair Member

To funny! I love it!

4. Subaru

Subaru Member

If it is not a joke,sure proves the stupidity of people

Everybody thinks they are a mechanic:frustration:

5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

my wife has no history of mechanical ability, but obviously living with me she has begun learning.... (i just did new rings and pinions & a locker in my jeep) and even she shook her head when she saw the picture.

6. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Cool post....
    I think he would have had better luck if he would have welded the u-joints and clutch though.....
    maybe next time:eek:

7. getinold

getinold New Member

yikes if that is for real that guy needs help!

you into some off road rc? i used to have an ofna 9.5 buggy and now have mugen truggy going to indy rc in tx. next weekend to race.

8. getinold

getinold New Member

sounds like you followed the same flight plan as i did.lol after several repairs i got up to bout 30 sec. then like you i put 4 wheels on the ground. we have 5 tracks within 2hrs so i can race or practice almost every weekend.
    i like the lx comp some of my friends have had them and done quite well with them.
    yea there is only one guy in the world that could do something like weld that diff and he works where i do. ha ha

9. boosted mitsu

boosted mitsu Member

WOW! i've never seen anything like this. That takes some special skills.

10. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

That's a classic example of a Troll. Drop into a forum and post something you KNOW is going to stir things up. The guys at Pirate4x4 I think picked it up pretty well. Some other examples I've seen are even funnier. Like the guy who posts in a classic Mustang forum about how he "cleaned" his engine by flushing it with water. :D Another autoblog I frequent, Jalopnik.com, has a running semi-weekly feature with "troll of the week" posts.

11. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member