1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome any & all Kei Cars

Discussion in 'Kei Car Talk' started by Hap Wilson, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson New Member

First and foremost I would like to thank Kmoneil the admin for making this sub forum for us owners or future owners of Kei Cars (Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappuccino, Autozam AZ-1, Etc...). This sub forum is also a bit of a test to see if enough people own these vehicles to make it worth having a sub forum for.

Me personally I will be (August 6th) the new owner of a Suzuki Cappuccino that will need lots of work (got it at a great price from Japan). If anyone out there owns one of these awesome Kei cars go ahead post something showing that this sub-forum can become something great.:p;)

Reese Allen likes this.
  2. Reese Allen

Reese Allen Member

I check the auctions every day for a Cappuccino. I want the EA21R so it looks like I may be waiting until next year to snag one. Oh well, I was patient when trying to get my van, I can be patient about this too.

3. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson New Member

Ya the second variation of the motor is pretty nice with that timing chain but I got such a good deal on mine I'm okay with just getting the first version lol. I might stuff in a 13b at some point anyway.

4. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

hey me too! I like a little Anisette in my Capacino! LOL!

5. Reese Allen

Reese Allen Member

I'm told swapping the EA11R/F6A for an EA21R/K6A is pretty straightforward too.

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

There was a guy in Great Britain, who had both a Cappuccino, and a Carry that he was working on. He had a YouTube channel, and did some good videos of change differential rations, etc. I haven’t seen any new vids in a couple of years, and unfortunately I can’t remember his name.

7. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson New Member

Oh dang that sounds sweeettt. My biggest worry is the cappo transmissions... I have heard they can only handle like 150 HP without blowing:eek:

8. Koffer

Koffer Donating Member

The Cap I don’t fit in , 6’3” 270# , the beat tho , no problems If anything I almost have to pull the seat up a bit . The Alto no issue .

9. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Ratio's?

10. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

Damnable autocorrect, and if I’m in a hurry, I don’t always catch it.

I type ratios and it decides that it likes rations.

11. matt167

matt167 Active Member

An Alto Works or a Mira TRXX Avanzato or a Vivio RX-R is on my wishlist..

My Jimny has been laid up for a time because of needing an engine and then an oil leak in the new engine.