1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visited Tiger Truck Plant today

Discussion in 'Tiger Trucks' started by rayallen, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rayallen

rayallen Member

Me and my wife visited with Tiger Truck Co. today. They have a very nice plant in Poteau Oklahoma. I was told they had a company person in Washington today trying to get their truck line so a person can tag them. I was really impressed with the clean plant. The trucks could actually be called off road trucks with the high clearance they have. Their largest truck is as large as a 3/4 ton chevy truck.As of now all the trucks are off road with no tags in any state and speed limited to 25 mph. The only thing I would change on them is the engine/transmission size to a larger one on the big truck. The salesman took us through the entire plant. They have a number 1 paint area. Every truck frame is powder coated and everything else is dipped in enamel and heat dried for a beautiful paint job.I have to say we were very impressed from the office help, salesman, to the entire work staff. When they put the cat diesel engine in the large truck I will probably be a customer. ray allen

2. jtpc

jtpc Member

That's good to know. My dealer just started stocking some really nice looking usa mini-trucks (as well as the japanese). These are 08 models and I was impressed with them. They also come with a 2 year 100,000 mile warranty. It is a company called Tatanka. (I believe this is what they were)
    http://www.tatankainternational.com/default.aspx
    (4 door trucks, 2 door, extended cab, 7ft bed, 8ft bed)
    Basically, they seemed very similar to the tiger trucks and I was impressed when I saw them in person. Their engines were 900 and something cc, so slightly larger than the 660cc of most japanese trucks.

So why in the world are the tiger trucks limited to 25mph? The tatanka ones I saw cruise very well at highway speeds and can be tagged.

(at least I believe that is what they were, I didn't ask the brand.)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  3. rayallen

rayallen Member

jtpc...The largest truck is a Champ.The smaller is a Star and with x cab the starx- cab.I saw lots of trucks in the storage area marked tata if I remember right. The plant inside did not have anything but Tiger trucks inside it.The only dealer right now in Oklahoma is in okc and Tulsa called Justice Golf Cars. I wish you could have been with us today, a very impressed trip. ray allen Is it the Pryor dealer?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. rayallen

rayallen Member

I would love to have the Hunters Delight on the web site. ray allen

5. jtpc

jtpc Member

Oh yeah, differential lock for each wheel. Looks like serious off-road fun.
    (although I'm more of a mini-truck guy, myself) :)

6. xsaskier66

xsaskier66 New Member

I dont know about the that? Lots of rumors going around..

7. talllman

talllman New Member

I am a mechanic at a plant that purchased 14 of these tiger trucks, and i must say that it was a bad investment , Theses trucks have been a mechanics nightmare they have less than 200 hrs on most and i have replaced transmissions, starters galore, and Speed sensors in the hand fulls and many other things. I would not recommend these cheep trucks to anyone, the only good thing about them is they keep me in a job!!!

8. xsaskier66

xsaskier66 New Member

Tiger

So what kind of vehicles were these, manual or Automatic?:sly:

9. talllman

talllman New Member

They are both auto manual

10. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

don3af9, you are wasting your time and our time on this site. stay off our site.

11. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Just your run-of-the-mill spammer. I pulled out the Ban Hammer. ka-POW! :D

12. xsaskier66

xsaskier66 New Member

Hey all Tiger filed Chapter 11, rumor has it they won the RFQ for the airforce and cannot fill the ballance of the order, thats 833 vehicles that were all automatics eeeesh thats pretty scary some one ran out of cash???? If you look up Potoe OK records you will see that they are in all kinds of trouble eeeesh.....

13. fsttlkr

fsttlkr New Member

4 door mini truck

does anyone know where to buy a new 4 door 4x4 mini truck, japanese or chinese?

thank you.

14. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Look at some of the sponsors on top of 1 st. page of this web site. Couple of guys have new trucks. You can save about 6k if you buy a good used and there are plenty out there to be had.

15. fsttlkr

fsttlkr New Member

4 door mini truck

thank you, i have 2 regular cab mini trucks and 1 deck van. bought the deck van to put tracks on, but the sliding rear doors won't clear tracks.........so thus the 4 door. I've talked with a dealer in TN, but i seems he wants my money to complete his first order.

thank you very much,
    john

16. pale horse

pale horse New Member

Look I am new on the site but I have been running jap sleds and bikes for years. I have had to work on a small amount of the little ones made in china and all I can say my goodness what junk. I think the guy who told about replacing goobs of parts may be telling the truth . There is a stg pit bike out and a lifa pit bike engine.they are ok some what. I am just saying I think a guy must be careful when he buys this stuff and make sure they are proven and not new out the chute. regards Kim

17. TamiPaulus

TamiPaulus Member

It is great that you got a chance to visit their company plant and I would also like to visit any plant, if given a chance. I am sure there will be a lot to know and get some really good feeling.