1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U42T bolt circle ?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by gnarles, Mar 29, 2023.

1. gnarles

gnarles New Member

Hello
    I was wondering what bolt circle is on my Mitz U42T.
    I have some atv rims on it now and I cant get an accurate measurement without taking rims off.
    I would like to get some regular steel rims back on it.
    Thanks

2. el_supremo

el_supremo New Member

They're 4x4.5" or 4x114mm. The issue you'll have is the hub bore, it's somewhere in the 3" range. I ordered used stock rims from Amayama.

3. Arty

Arty Active Member

Where are you? - I have 8 stock rims available, but shipping could be an issue.
    I am in Saskatoon, Sask.

4. Donald McRonald

Donald McRonald New Member

what does the hub bore actually affect? I'm shopping for some aftermarket wheels and can't really make sense of hub bore, lug centric, hub centric, etc. I understand basically all aftermarket wheels are lug centric? Is that going to be a problem?

Also, anyone have any good resources in the US/Canada for 13" wheels for these things? I'm going for a street look, not an off-road/lifted look. Found a bunch of great wheels on https://www.croooober.com/en/ but shipping is insane.

Based on the backspacing of the original 12x3.5 steelies I have now, seems like most wheels in the 5.5" wide range with a slight positive offset should fit while lining up fairly close with the body, and only poking a little bit it at all.

5. el_supremo

el_supremo New Member

I seem to recall seeing a few arguments started over whether lug-centric was acceptable or not, but in our case it doesn't matter because (at least on the 4WD models) the hub bore is both large and hub-centric - it's something like 3-1/2" on our 12" rim because it needs to fit over the freewheeling hub, and most of the rims that I found when I last looked had smaller bores that wouldn't fit over the hub.

I read somewhere that 13" Geo Metro rims would fit, but where I live there aren't any in the scrap yards so I haven't been able to check.

6. Donald McRonald

Donald McRonald New Member

Just to be clear, the only requirement is that a wheel I use can clear this ~2.25" center bore? I'm not sure where the 3.5" comes into play from el_supremos comment. Here is a pic of my front hub:

[​IMG]