1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn signal/ marker lights front

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Badeye, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Badeye

Badeye New Member

The front turn signal/ marker lights are busted on my 1996 Diahatsu Hijet truck. I found a new pair for $450 from japan. That is way too much even if they are new. Has anyone found these lights or some that will replace them? I tried to google them even with the Stanley number 041-4587 then a r or l depending on side. Had no luck there either. Maybe someone has replaced them with different corner lamps that take a little rigging?
    I just don't think I could go to auto part store and find anything on the shelf without it looking bad and rigged. A little sheet metal work or putty work is not a problem but where to start to get a lamp?

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

3. Badeye

Badeye New Member

Wow what a site! I found the right side and then after figuring out how to translate the page I did the math. $36.50 or there about. The only confusing part was this is an auction place and I could not figure out how to see when the auction was over. I think maybe there was a way to buy parts directly but never really figured that out either. Guess it will take some time and research to find out.
    I really don't know if it is worth signing up to be an auction member to get just 2 turn signal lamps. Yes I know sooner or later I will need more parts but still.

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

I have only purchased new parts from impex, and u use Google chrome and have it translate the site.

5. ttc

ttc Active Member

Also check out hijet forum in the UK some of he guys break for parts. http://hijet.findtalk.biz they also have a few guys that are pretty knowledgeable.

6. Badeye

Badeye New Member

Thanks for the help. Impex looks good. About $130 for both. Heck of a lot cheaper than the $420 I was quoted from another place. I been trying to find a similar light from the U.S. that could be used with a slight modification. Looks like I may have to spend a day at the junk yard. Thanks again for the help.