1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo for 0.8L Engine

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Q-One, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Q-One

Q-One New Member

[​IMG]

I own a Chinese 2004 Chang'an (also known as Chana) Kalam van made specifically for Pakistan's automobile market and, sadly, is not available anywhere else which is a hassel for aftermarket parts. It has a 798cc fuel injected 4-cylinder engine w/o A/C. It runs on both gas(petrol) and CNG(Natural gas) as selected by the driver. I want to know:

1. How to boost horsepower without an engine swap.

2. What turbo or supercharger/intercooler set up is the best choice for a 800cc engine and if turbo or supercharger's work with CNG engines.

3. Where can i get a wide-body kit (not for this specific model, I will custom fit it).

I'm trying to ready it for a autoshow next year.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm....about the only thing I could suggest would be to do an ebay search under turbochargers with "bike" or "motorcycle" in the parameters. There are a couple of dealers that often have some of the really small turbos suitable for such a small displacement. It woudl be interesting to see what the compression ratio on your motor is. I wouldn't be surprized if it were pretty low as the car was intended for a "3rd world" application thus might see some sketchy fuel quality. Low CR is good for boost! Obviously you're going to be on your own when it comes to making a turbo exhaust manifold, fueling, etc.

For superchargers, again I would think the problem is going to be the small displacement of the engine. Perhaps one intended for a Subaru Sambar.

Good luck and keep us posted!

3. larryn2o

larryn2o Member