1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT2 RR axel replacement

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Rick Melloh, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Rick Melloh

Rick Melloh Member

I have ordered a new/used axel for my 2002 TT2. The inner RR CV joint on my Sambar has launched.

Can anyone describe the procedure for pulling the old axel assembly and installing the new? I will be replacing the rear shocks at the same time. I hope to do this myself, in the driveway, with two jack stands and a one small speed lift.

The Danko manual is pretty sparse on hints about how to go about this procedure. All it provides in an exploded schematic of the axel assembly and a separate view of the rear suspension assembly, no hints at all. The Danko manual also seems to favor older 90s series Sambars in it's review of the mechanics of this machine. For example: my SC unit has no inspection or fill plug. The manual shows that it should.

TimeTripper, I think you would be the go-to guy to help me on this. I find your advice and experience to be of great help. I hope to hear from you.

I could write down all my guesses on how I would plan to go about this, but I believe that someone out there can save me a lot of time, mistakes and some knuckle skin.

Regards,

Rick Melloh