1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trail maps, GPS and Mini Truck engine improvements

Discussion in 'Trails, Parks and more' started by John Blazier, Dec 29, 2015.

1. John Blazier

John Blazier New Member

Hi All,
    Can anybody offer some insight on what GPS units are best for trail riding ( my first trip will be to Hatfield & McCoy in WV again ) Went up there one time back around 2010. I have a Garmin Nuvi 40 for road trips, & just emailed them to see if trail maps could be downloaded. Wasn't sure if it can be done.
    Also, I am getting a 1990 Mitsubishi mini in a couple weeks. Interested in finding out if there are any mods that can be done to the motors on these considering they are only 660 cc. OR if anyone has done any motor swaps to give them more power. Thanks....John

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

lots of engine swap videos on utube. big thing is the 660's scream on the road 50mph and your reving 6000 rpm or more. some of the trucks did come with larger engines when sold out of japan. the hijets came with a 900 3 cylinder and a 1.3 4 banger. i have thought i would like bigger engine but the cost of doing it makes it not a cheap truck anymore. plus i have ideas of a unimog in the future.

3. John Blazier

John Blazier New Member

Thanks for the info on the 660 motors - they rev that high huh ? Must be built pretty well ! A future UNIMOG ? harder to find & I am guessing gonna be kinda pricey ?
    I assume that you know they were also marketed under the "Case" logo as well ? Can still find them in some construction equipment auctions - Try checking AuctionTime.com - IronPlanet - Heavy Equipment trader as well when you are looking. Also maybe some military surplus vehicle sites.

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

as for gps you can download offroad maps and upload them in the garmin car units. google is your friend. i plan on doing it to a nuvi when i get a used one for the right price.

5. ttc

ttc Active Member

looking at sbu agricultural unimog and most likely be importing from germany

6. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member