1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota LiteAce

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Stuff99, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Windmill

Windmill Member

I wish everyone would post pictures of their Lite's. I would love to have one.

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

used that miata tire calculator, http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html and worked out from the original tire size. turns out that closest i could get physically for the height without going back down was 5.5% larger tire, the 195/75's. which are no problem, but they are no 8 ply tire....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also 205/65 R15's will fit. the old style ford 6 bolt rims with the large hub fit mine (large hub for the 4wd stuff). those do rub a bit if i turn too sharp!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  3. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Thanks for reassuring the 195/75R14 size should fit no problem.

Ordered 5 Yokohama Y370's (LT 8ply) and they should be here on Tuesday. Now to locate some 14" rims with the 4x114.3 bolt pattern that do not have too much offset...which is difficult since most rims with 4x114.3 are very FWD car orientated...the hunt is on. :D

4. Stuff99

your truck is 4 bolt? mine is 6 bolt.

try looking for rims off a toyota van. they were the same thing as these over here. late 80's - early 90's

5. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Yeah been looking for LE Van or <85 Celica wheels forever but never get lucky. Decided to settle and just go with some winter steelies for now. Looks like I will need a 5mm spacer upfront to reduce the offset just a tad but no big deal. I'll keep on hunting and be ready to pounce when some nice alloys come along.

Your 6bolt rims seem to only have 5bolts in your picture of the 205/65R15s... :p I wish mine had the Toyota 6bolt pattern...have extra Hilux Surf rims out the wazoooo.

6. Stuff99

lol ya i noticed later in the day that it was only 5 bolt.. i was like 'crap' but didnt get online again to fix that post :p

and ya the 15's are nice but i think the offset is too much for them.. doesnt seem to ride as nice as it does with the 14's on.

say did you get a manual with your truck?

Also a bit off the topic, but my gf has now decided to wave and smile at anyone that stares at the truck as we drive around lol

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  7. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Sure did. I have both the original User Manual and Maintanance Manual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of these days when I have some spare time I plan to get them all scanned in as PDFs. Most of it is just for fun unless you can read Japanese. The User Manual is kind of cool though...reminds me of an instruction manual from a Tamiya Radio Control car from the 80's.

8. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Tire Update:

Got the Yokohama Y370's installed this morning. Improvement in handling on the highway is INCREDIBLE. No more 'marshmellowy' cornering and wind gusts are no longer throwing the truck into another lane. Best money spent yet on this truck. I was worried about the diameter increase affecting acceleration but the solid low rpm torque this motor puts out seems to handle the bigger meats no problem. Highway rpms are way lower which is another bonus. Speedometer is now waaaaay off though so I'll have to get used to that...now when the speedo reads 90kmh the gps indicates 104kmh (they used to be bang on with each other).

9. Stuff99

Psilosin: ya i know what you mean by the tamiya rc's. i have a couple of them (the fox and the mercades semi truck)

glad to hear the tires woke your truck up! guess you will just have to use that gps for a true speedo. that is what i did when i went south. just flipped it to miles and made life that much easier! lol

10. Stuff99

so ya... damn thing is leaking oil again..... not happy.

11. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Again ? aww that stinks:frustration:...is it from the same spot ?

12. Stuff99

not sure yet. some spots on drive way and the low oil light came on yesterday... gotta get under it and take a look.

13. Stuff99

well spot is too close to the drivers side to be the seal leaking again. i had topped up the truck and that low oil light has flickered on a couple times again.. been too fricking cold out for me to get out there and check it atm. 80%+ RH and 40km/hr winds = cold as H E double hockey sticks!!

14. Stuff99

thought id throw these up since i was cleaning out my phone and it isnt often the two trucks meet up like this. dad's is pampered in the heated shop all winter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hehe, no i didnt hit the van but looks like i did :p
    [​IMG]

15. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

That sucks man. If there are only a couple small spots on teh drivewway but multiple low oil warnings do you think its getting burned up or just leaking past another seal into some other cavity? Maybe have a look at your PCV breather...if its clogged up you will blow seals all the time; or if you have serious blowby, evidenced by lots of oil in your intake piping downstream of where the pcv re-enters the intake, then maybe thats where your oil is disapearing. My Hilux Surf used to go through about 1L oil/1000km from blowby.

16. Stuff99

ya this weekend ill get her inside and take a good look under 'the hood' and see what i can find. maybe put that light bar i got dad for christmas to use to.

17. Stuff99

so cant find out why or where its leaking.. wondering if its the pcv valve or something.. gonna have to get it in dads shop and go under still.

today i changed out the headlights. bought some GE nighthawks. good old sealed beams lol. Anyhow it was kinda interesting. there is 2 screws on the side near the signal light that you take out, then i couldnt find any more. so i was messing around and it popped off. here there is fasteners holding the bezzle like how on doors they use them to hold the pannels on. kind interesting.. as only 1 out of 4 of them worked on my truck. 2 were missing and other one broke... still there was other clips and stuff that hold the bezzles on.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ANTheStuff/Mini Truck/Toyota LiteAce/Headlights/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay bored so i made a colour guide thingy.
    Red - pull clips
    Blue - screws from the signal lights
    Green - these clips are very different. you got to move them with a screwdriver into the slot on the outside before you can pull them off.
    Yellow - note this is my air intake on the truck. atleast it points BACKWARDS so it doesn't inhale water and precipitation!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  18. Stuff99

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  19. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice. Sure looks a lot easier than starting my old Diesel Rabbit back in the day. Oh, nice credits. Does Kevin know you called him a "window licker"? :D

20. Stuff99

lol you read them :D

21. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Well, yeah, of course I read them! :D

22. Stuff99

another video. got the truck stuck in the field. being it is very front heavy, the front got stuck and the rear had lots of clearance still. since there was like 5 guys in the back of my truck they just got out, lifted up the front and pushed back lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsifHHeApr8

23. Stuff99

got a good look under her today. no wet anything under there and the oil level is still on full with 1k till oil change!! looks like that seal got it. just the shop didnt clean it up apparently.

24. Stuff99

checked her again today. went on a 300km round trip yesterday to some scrap yards with her. oil level has not moved and she is still bone dry under there again. guess that new seal is doing her job. got a pic to on my phone. will transfer it over some time.

:D so proud :D

25. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

good to hear it's not leaking anymore...must have been frustrating...what's all that white stuff on the ground??? haven't seen any here this year

26. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Good news man. Nice to have one less monkey on the back.

I just applied another batch of Surf stickers to mine lol. Next project is building some kind of bed rack to make carrying lumber and kayacks easier. Might take a while to get to though since I have a list a mile long of things to get done on my Hilux first...slow and steady...:p

27. Stuff99

ty guys.

course it focused on the ground... but thats at the F mark. Just did another 600km+ road trip yesterday so i should check it and see what she's at now to make sure
    [​IMG]

Also passed this on the way yesterday lol
    [​IMG]

And last, cleaning the yard last weekend
    [​IMG]

28. Canadian_Jumbo

Canadian_Jumbo New Member

Nice truck. Where did you get it from? As for that japanese I can't help you out there.

29. Stuff99

30. Stuff99

so I got the oil changed today, got some rottila T synthetic 15w40. With that leak gone im confident in putting in synthetic.

Also i got a tire replaced. one on the right rear had the bead wire break apart and shred the tire. I thought this should be covered under warranty but they said its "used" so i got it for half price...

in the process of the few day wait for a new tire to come in i was on my JDM spare lol. anyhow something happened and my carrier is bent and broken now... so im SOL for a spare tire holder....

[​IMG]

New tire
    [​IMG]