1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch up paint

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by whitej2, Mar 8, 2008.

1. whitej2

whitej2 New Member

I’m looking for touch-up for my 1993 Daihatsu S83P.
    The paint code is W09. ( www.paintscratch.com) calls the color Sophia White, and gives three shades to pick from.

Is it the Dodge, Chrysler, or Mitsubishi?

:sly:
    Thanks
    Jeff

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jeff,
    Thats not uncommon. I worked at a body shop for a few years and they offer different shades for different production runs. Paint mixing is not an exact science. Usually pick the middle shade and you should be close. More than likely none of the colors are gonna match perfectly because of sun/solar fade.

-Greg

3. draggbody

draggbody Member

go to a paint store and have them scan it... they should be able to mix you a small amount...

4. whitej2

whitej2 New Member

The Mitsubishi, Sophia White, W09 is a match.

5. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

daihatsu paint codes

How does one find out where to find the paint codes on a 91 Daihatsu hi-jet in blue. It is a S83P.

Thanks if you can help me out.

Frenchy

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

My 99 has an ID plate under the drivers seat with color and trim identification along with varios other info. The color code for my blue 99 is B09.

-Greg

7. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

Paint in a spray can?

In years past you could go to a regular paint store or some automotive paint stores and get paint matched and then put into a regular spray can (the kind with a little ball inside and you can shake it then spray).

I have some S210P Hijets with the original off white color (used for farm work) it would be nice to be able to spray a bed side panel to make them look better without doing a professional, body shop, type job.

Does anyone know if this is still available?

Thanks

8. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

I have discovered that AutoZone and most of the other chain stors carry a color of paint T200 "Pure White" which is NOT pure white, in a rattle can that matches the OEM color.

The paint can says truck, vban & SUV paint.

This is what I have been using...

9. The vin on my ‘96 hijet indicates B09 color as well. I looked up some paint touch up kits with B09 and that shade of blue seems sooooo much darker than the current color. It definitely would stand out. I will attempt to find a place that color matches. Anyone else have any luck with finding such a place?