1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Speed

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Northern Tire and Auto, Oct 21, 2008.

1. What is the top speed on the flat for a 5 speed (93) Honda Acty? I have a Mits Minicab and can get 115kph from it. I don't have the Honda registered yet so I can't test it. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the Honda or Mits and because I'm going to use it as a daily driver and run on a road that sees 90 kms I want to make sure I pick the one that cruises that speed easier. The Mits is a 4 speed and it "screeeems" at 100 kms +.

2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

For info on this subject see ----->>>>http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=2091

To recap:

Mitsi Final drive: 7.1666 4th gear ratio: 1.00 [source: Dan]
    Acty Final drive: 6.23 5th gear ratio: 0.861 [source: Timetripper]

So in 5th gear that works out to a 5.36 final drive or you will be dropping rpm by +/- 25% over Mitsi at any given highway speed.

My guess would in the 120 - 125 kph top speed, but that's just a guess as I haven't driven one yet.

3. lee

lee New Member

I had a '90 blue 4 speed acty attack that would go like piss. 120km/hr no problem.

had 7 others '89-'92 acty 5 speeds, they go nice at 100-110. don't scream quite as much as some other trucks. nice for a commuter because the cab is sealed, cause of the rear engine, pretty quiet. But don't have the "heated seat" option you'd find in non rear mounts for when its cold.:D
    ________
    buy easy vape

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. d rock

d rock Member

i let off at 115, it did have more though

5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

my truck hits the rev limiter at about 150kph, i've run it down the fwy at 145 just to see what it would do.

6. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

here is a picture of my mitsu...yep she screeeems:eek: but its only 6600rpm and there is a lot more:cool:

Attached Files:

• 47.JPG
      47.JPG
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views: