1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tonneau cover

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by boatman, Nov 10, 2008.

1. boatman

boatman Member

Hey - not sure if anyone else has done this or not, but I had a little tonneau cover made for the back of my 'Zuki. see attached pics. it's heavyweight PVC, stretched over a pair of standard tonneau aluminum bows that I cut down and rejoined to fit. I let the ends of them into slots on the inner face of the box rails, so they are nice and flush and easy to pop in and out. We used very large snaps all around, and a bolt-rope in a groove along the front edge. It also has 12" long side and end curtains with tie down points that can be used to cover loads higher than the roof bows.

I needed to do this as I use the truck to deliver and pick up fabrication parts, tools and machine components around town. This at least keeps things dry and most importantly away from prying eyes. its amazing how effective just keeping things hidden is; although with this darn truck I seem to be always attracting a crowd.

Anyway - I'm happy with how it worked out, and the orange color actually seems to go well with the white... I have this kinda weird glowing truck now wherever it parks... :)

Attached Files:

2. andy_george

andy_george Member

Nice!

-Andy