1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tire sources

Discussion in 'References' started by nick, Oct 4, 2007.

1. nick

nick Member

Hi guys,
    I'm seeing what appear to be really narrow ATV type tires on stock looking rims. Where are people getting ATV tires that narrow? Brand/size/supplier??

I've also seen pics of guys putting bar lug (tractor like tires) tires on all four wheels. I'm assuming they are 6-12 tires, anyone know of a good source for those? Great for all offroad use I would think.
    Thanks for the anticipated help! This is a great forum!
    Nick

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I think what you're seeing are 8" wide ATV tires (meant for 7" wide rims) being run on stock rims...which are MUCH narrow.

Welcome!

3. Hi Nick

I have them and can get them in any size. they have mouned on all of our minis without a problem however the truck must be lifted.
    drop me a line and I will send pics and more info including lift kit info
    Chuck
    Mid America Mini Trucks
    St Louis, MO

4. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Anyone have experience with the tractor tires? Wonder how rough the ride is, even on off-road/slow conditions?

5. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I'll answer my own question.....:).. The Nanco 6-12 Ag-Lug Tractor tires ( they have them listed on eBay right now for Mini Trucks - search "Japanese Mini Trucks" , and those tires will come up.)
    They are 23x6x12, and do not require a lift, and I have had no problems with them rubbing or anything. I have taken the truck down a county road at 40+ mph and no vibrations unlike what I expected, however they have a distinct hum to them.
    They have a 600 pound rating per tire, and deep lugs. Thick, good rubber...work very well in the woods and the mud I've went through so far. Tires and mounted was $200 and some change. You can get them on eBay for $69 a pair with about $30 for shipping and handling.

6. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

Those sound great! Did you use your factory wheels? Any pictures yet? Thanks.

-Hiram

7. Acerguy

8. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

I like it! Glad to hear you found a truck!

-Hiram

9. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Yes factory wheels.. And yes I'm glad I found a truck too !!!! Thanks ..:)

Its been raining here for two days, the woods is getting pretty greasy... Going to cut some wood and try and haul it out today..will take some more pictures if all goes as planned...

Got one of them new fan-dangled digital camera/cam-corders... when I figger it out I'll make a video...??

10. nick

nick Member

Thanks for posting the pics and info, that was exactly the kind of tire I was thinking of. Your truck looks great!
    Nick

11. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Hey nick, you are welcome and thanks... Your truck looks great too..!!

I'll be posting some more pics soon, and hopefully a video or two ..??

12. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Hey here are a couple links to the tires....

Here are the 25 inch tractor tires, same as what I have, but 25 instead of the 23 that I have, so cant say for sure if they will rub or not. Also these have tubes, as mine are tubeless...

http://cgi.ebay.com/600-12-AG-LUG-T...ryZ82248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...here are the exact same tires I have got ..23 inch, tubeless.. I bought mine at a local tire place for about the same money..

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-12-AG-LUG-TIR...ryZ82248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fits on factory wheel no problem, no lift required, raises the truck about 1 and a half inches over stock height... These tires dig !!
    They have 600 pound rating per tire like I mentioned before.. which is much better than alot of the atv type tires rating around 300 pounds... For me hauling wood through the woods, over sticks, thorns, rocks in the creek, etc.. I'm sure the atv tires would just pop, not to mention be overloaded...

13. Acerguy

Heh, IndianaJason...I like your new signature. I have a bike racer friend who always says that when we go on rides. Then he leaves me in the dust. :D

14. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

:)...... right on!

15. Shoot1000

Shoot1000 New Member

Thanks. For the post on the tires. Wondering about the ride. I imagine that it is fairly stiff on rocky roads. You can't have everything.
    Tim

16. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Really Tim its not that bad.... depending on what you mean by rocky roads.. I live on a country gravel road and was scooting down it probably 40+ mph and it wasnt bad at all.. I figured it would be a bumpy, vibrating ride but wasnt... tires have a distinct hum to them, especially on the paved sections of road I have taken it down...
    The tires arent bad really, not like I expected them to be, and am glad they arent. Those suckers dig now though, superior traction for sure.

17. We can help on tires and Wheels.....We are a Land Based Used Car and Truck Dealership located in the Heart of Southern Illinois. Established in 1993, By Jimmy Johnson, Jeannie Johnson, and "BJ" Johnson and continues to be Family owned and operated. Selling Japanese Mini Trucks, Mini Truck Parts, CamoClad Products, Lift Kits, Bumpers, and Accessories for Japanese Mini Trucks. One Truck or a Truck Load. We are Direct Importers.
    http://www.mactownminitrucks.com

18. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Hey Jason, you gotta post a picture of your Suzuki parked next to that big ol' Dodge. :D

19. Colin

Colin Member

Better yet, I'll get a picture of my Sambar parked next to my dad's Isuzu NPR - it's like a mini-me. :)

Sooo... since we're kinnd of on the topic, automotive tires that fit without a lift include:

175/70-13
    175/65-14 (I'm using these.)

...and probably more.

20. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

21. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

IndianaJason,

Thanks for posting about the tractor tires. It intrigued me enough to give them a try, and so far I think they're great!! No lifting, get to use the factory wheels, inexpensive, great traction, good weight rating, and no issues with rubbing!

-Hiram

22. matt419

matt419 New Member

Tires

Wl-Mart has a 22x8x10 4ply for $40.

23. You need 12 inch tires that tire is only a 10 but good price:D

24. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I'm looking at gettin a set of these Titan TRAC LOADER's for 12x7 wheels or if I can find 14x7 w/ a 4/100 bolt pattern I will be getting these.

25. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

We tried skid loader tires. They seemed like a great idea with agresive tread. We found that they had a very hard rubber. They are also designed to skid. We got a very hard ride and not good traction at all.

I think we have about any tire you would want and we have tested to work good.

http://www.xroadsimport.com/xri/index.php?page=wheels-tires

26. Acerguy

Cory brings up a good point. I belong to a pretty active Compact Utility Tractor (CUT) forum and the so-called "Industrial" or R4 tires, while they have their uses, are not particularly known for their off road traction. They certainly will have the load rating but I bet their sidewalls will be STIIIIIIFF. :)

27. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

No problem Hiram, I'm glad you like them.......:) .. did you go with the 23's or 25's ?

28. okeitrucker

okeitrucker Member

I have the 23x6x12 tires, and I was surprised to find out that they are made by Carlisle. The All Trails are nice, but I'm liking this option a little better. The 7-12 version have a 715# weight rating.

-Hiram

29. matt419

matt419 New Member

My '89 Daihatsu has 10" that is why I know that price. :eek:

30. myhijet

myhijet Member