1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing Belt Change How To

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Timetripper, Oct 24, 2008.

1. RicePaddy

RicePaddy New Member

My advice is to change the coolant if you are replacing the water pump. So yes, drain it. Flush out the system good, you dont want to take the chance of old dirty coolant damaging the new water pump seals. Even with draining the system, likely the will be a bit of water left in the block and it may seep when you pull the pump. If you flushed the system good, only water will be remaining and will be easier to clean up if it seeps out.

I generally add a can of the antifreeze makers water pump lubricant when I replace the antifreeze (Everyone has there own preference with that).

Hope that thought helps; Have fun and good luck.
  2. Smabarwala

Smabarwala New Member

In general, parts dealers match the number of threads with old timing belt but most have the same I think, 104. In particular, you can measure the gap between two threads, height of the thread teeth and width and length of the belt. Show them the old one as a sample, or the part number and you are done.
  3. truckintaco

truckintaco New Member

about the link for the timing belt in your thread

Does the timing belt for the 75 civic fit the subaru sambar ks3 ks4
  4. EddieJoe

EddieJoe New Member

Timing belt needs to be changed when it has completed his time of working. This is one of the irritating moment when timing belt sounds and then you realized to change it.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  5. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Seeing as I will likely need this by next spring (truck I am looking at has 90,009km on it)...I am wondering if anyone would mind clarifying the engrish in the .pdf for those of us less mechanically inclined. If so, I'd be willing to update the .PDF itself.
  6. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Already done:

...but it's not stickied so it get buried
  7. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

8. Muhammad Ajmal

Muhammad Ajmal New Member

water channel of engine block and head become rusty and chocked. How it be cleared?
  9. 93Sambar

93Sambar New Member

10. Mik

Mik New Member

For me, when replacing the crank seal, the seal was completely soft. No matter how delicate i was to remove it, it just fell apart and its not coming off cleanly. Has anyone experienced this or have a remedy?

Attached Files: