1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a great idea!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Kingdom Kei, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Kingdom Kei

Kingdom Kei Guest

This is a very nice forum. I think this will be a very helpful site once others get to visiting. We should be able to establish a way of sharing ideas and parts. We've been very fortunate in the parts area. We have not needed many. But I know it's only a matter of time.

My sons and I have been selling mini trucks and vans for about 1 year. We started out retailing them. It got to be too much. We have switched to wholesale only now. It's much easier for us. We typically have the container completely sold before it ever leaves Japan. At the very least, we sell the container while it is enroute to our place in Alabama. It's a great little business and it has helped my teenage sons learn a little too.

In the 1 year (this month) since we began importing the trucks I've seen a few things and learned a few things too. If I can help any of y'all, just ask. I'll do my best to share my experiences. I went to Japan in Feb of 2006 and developed a relationship with our exportor. If you can, I'd suggest you do the same. Laying the ground rules and meeting the people you are going to do business with up front will save you a tremendous amount of grief.