1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new "new guy"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MightyHamster, Dec 5, 2007.

1. MightyHamster

MightyHamster New Member

Glad to be here. I am in Hermitage, TN and am in the marine towing and salvage business. My father and I were looking for a new side business and have ordered our first container of mini trucks. It should be here the last week in December or so. We will be selling some from Hermitage, and some from Dad's place in Erin, TN.

We visited a dealer in KY on a day when he was unloading a container so we could see what is involved. It was an interesting load because he had four tillers and three one man golf carts along with the 7 trucks (a very tight fit). The trucks were parked about 1" from the side wall. We ordered our first load with trucks only to facilitate easy unloading. We shall see.

I know there are some serious full time dealers on this forum and I am not looking to step on any toes, but am just here to gain knowlege. I think there is a huge market for these trucks, and the more people we educate, the more business there will be for all of us.

2. Colin

Colin Member

Welcome, MightyHamster.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. When/if you get a business website, be sure to drop me a note and I can add it to our reference section. And what's a one man golf cart? :confused: :)

4. MightyHamster

MightyHamster New Member

Thank you both.

I still have not been able to find a single picture or any information online about the one man golf carts. I wouldn't have understood what it was if I had not seen them myself. It has four small pnumatic tires with the wheelbase of a small kids go cart. Engine is mid mount and is a single cylinder two stroke. A low profile fiberglass body covers all the mechanicals. A big set of handlebars sticks up from the center and there is a F-N-R shifter next to it as well as a parking brake. You stand on a platform on the back of the thing that rides about 2" off the ground. Then there is a storage rack and golf bag holder mounted forward of the handlebars. It starts like a gas powered golf cart. It starts moving quietly when you pull the trigger then the engine starts. When you stop, the engine stops. These said Yamaha on the sides.

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

When I lived in Japan (25 years ago!) there was a nearby golf course that had self propelled carts that ran on a monorail type thing. They just held your clubs. Kinda gave the golf couse an amusement park look! I can't remember exactly how it worked as I only played there once but I think you had a little remote control that you used to make it go. Wacky stuff.

6. MightyHamster

MightyHamster New Member

7. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Amen to that. Welcome on board. Its great when people contribute to the growth of the forum, thereby contribuiting to the growth of the industry.