1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tailgate Hinge Repair/Replacement

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by aomorisambar, Jun 29, 2022.

1. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

A common issue I see with mini trucks, especially acty's, around here in Northern Japan is the hinge pins rusting out on the tailgates (rear and side's). I had one that I was repeatedly tacking back on, but it finally came completely off, somewhere unknown. I've started calling around junk yards and checking auction sites for a used replacement gate, but no luck yet.

I'm sure I'll come across a used one, but in the meantime, was wondering if anyone has successfully made their own pin or, even their own tailgate? The latches on mine are in great shape, I think it would be simple enough to make a door and, use the existing hardware.

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

Never had this problem on my Acty for the past 12 years, but I live much further down south than you at the Pacific coast and usually no snow in winter, no salt on the roads.

3. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

You got any go to websites for used parts? I've checked the usuals (yahoo auctions, rakuten, goo) but there's not much out there these days.

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022