1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail gate catch. My way!!!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by swampdonkey, Jan 4, 2010.

1. swampdonkey

swampdonkey New Member

Since I purchased my little mini, I noticed there were a few things that it needs just to make life a little easier functionality wise. I made a list and started with the projects.

I done the cup holder retro-fit and posted it on here and now on to the tail gate.
    I noticed that the tail gate did not have the two cable catches that most trucks have, so I pondered:frustration: this for a while and then off to Tractor Supply Company I went...... (Which by the way if you can't tell, is my Wal-Mart) LOL:D

I blew in there and got two stainless side mount brackets and two open end stainless chain mounts, oh yeah, four feet of chain.:confused:
    I then got back to the house and proceeded to install as followed in the pictures below

Attached Files:

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Looks great!

3. swampdonkey

swampdonkey New Member

Thanks, I try to post as much info as I can on here. With the limited resources for these truck (as far as parts) you have to be pretty creative with stuff. Thank God I have a lot of common sense and I'm mechanically inclined!!!!!!!!!!! I have some other projects come up and will post them on here as well.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

You got that right. Every little bit helps when it comes to these trucks. Keep up the good work. I love to see what you guys come up with.

-Greg

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

swampdonkey..good idea..if you run the chain through a length of garden hose it will stop the rattling and chipping of your bedliner...I'll be copying you when it gets warmer...;)

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

also take note that with the rear tail gate up, that chain holds your sides at level to :p

7. o8k

o8k Member

Great mod. But im curious... Most trucks dont already come with that? Mine did (including clear plastic chain guards).

8. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

mine didn't come with it either...must have been an optional accessory

9. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

mine didnt. the dealer in town put it on theirs.