1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tach on an EFI engine

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by greg0187, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Gerald

Gerald New Member

Greg
    I could use the info on removing the cluster. From the picture of your tach install it looks like we have the same trucks
    Gerald

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I responded to your PM. Apparently I'm not getting notified of messages/responses anymore. I don't make it around here as much as I used to. I guess I'm not a minitruck junkie anymore.

3. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Hey Greg,

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but this mod is coming up soon on my list. Is your tach install still working well and what brand tach did you use? Looks like a "Sunpro" in your pic?

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

It still works even with the civic engine. It's a sunpro cp2012. The only thing I have not gotten to work is the speedo. (Honda is electronic). It was end of life when I got it so probably not going to find one. Any 3cyl tach should work. Pretry easy to install.

5. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Thanks!

I'll try to track one down, hopefully with a dedicated 3 cylinder setting.

6. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

Yes I agree,, and a requirement for me as well.lol...I had a Heat Stroke years ago,and it still gets to me bad....

7. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

8. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I've been meaning to add a tach for years. Of course, unless I know what redline is supposed to be, it probably doesn't do me much good!

9. dale hynes

dale hynes New Member

Equis model 6068, 7068, 8068, and 8080 will work on 1-12 cylinder.
    I used the 6068 on my 92 hijet. The instructions are easy to understand and to follow. In Canada the tach was $100, and well worth it because now I know that 6000RPM is 58 MPH