1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suz DB51T Make Over

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by TRAX and HORNS, May 31, 2014.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

After this truck had been sitting for over a year it was time for it to get running and a different look.
    First thing was to get it running. Complete fuel system cleaning from tank to carb. and a full service.
    The shop was so busy I hauled it to the house so I could piddle during the evening hrs. plus my better half likes to mess with them sometime, its kinda like therapy for her since she has a high pressure job. Took the 3" lift off and added a 1 3/4" lift. Then we
    stripped her down (the truck) added a new front bumper and went to sanding. I go back and forth from O D Green to Desert Sand and since the last one was O D Green this got the Sand color. Most of the retail trucks go to the paint shop but this got the kylon rattle can. Used about 6 cans of Krylon a two cans of the bed liner black. Turned out pretty good. Being this truck has a rear locker thats powered up all the time Im gonna keep this one for a little while. I took it to the ranch last weekend and put some good miles on it with my 4 nephews(ages 4 to 13) . Damn them boys wear me out but we have alot of fun. Its was raining cats and dogs one day and we had to throw some mud. They laugh like I dont know what when the mud starts flying.
    For those that are looking for a neat 4 wheel drive sticker like the one on this tail gate contact
    GeeTeeX 1385 Jacqueline Dr. Columbus, Ga 31907
    After and before pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That really came out nice Terry.Is the dif welded making it a Lincoln locker?

3. TRAX and HORNS

Not sure Mr. Jim. The truck came from a widow. Her husband was a doddle bug, mech, engineer, professor ect. and had a neat shop at there place. He built the rear bumper and roll bar and I assume he did what ever to the rear end. I never took the cover off. Kinda curious as what was done. I might have to peak inside and see what he did. What ever is done Im pretty sure its right because the nephews and I were throwing a lot of mud last weekend . We worked that truck pretty hard that day.

4. TRAX and HORNS

I forgot to mention this in the first. here is a picture of the aftermarket fuel pump that supplies fuel for this truck. Operates as it should, two wires connected to the plug above fuel tank. Notice 2.5 -4 psi.

Attached Files:

5. TRAX and HORNS

Couldnt stand looking at this tach. any longer so it got added to the truck. Its been sitting in my shop at the house for about three yrs.

Attached Files: