1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super helpful wheel offset info

Discussion in 'References' started by Ironraven, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

OK, so I know there are a billion threads about wheel sizes, offsets and what will work with our trucks out there. When I was calculating what I needed to do to make things fit I stumbled across this little gem and thought it might be handy for people trying to do the same thing:

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/htmlpages/TechWheels.htm

When I found a set of wheels they didn't have an "offset" listed only an "ET" on the box and as I was unsure what the hell an "ET" was I did a little searching and that's what I came up with. Offsets are very confusing for me and it was tough to figure out exactly what they meant... but that site was very helpful. With the info I got from that site I then used this offset calculator to tell me what I was getting into... and yeah I'm gonna have some trimming to do in order to get my wheel/tire combo to work, but I'm OK with that since I'll end up with a sweet looking truck that is legal to drive on pavement AND on ATV trails rated for TypeII ATV's.

It sorta sucks that I couldn't find a wheel that was EXACTLY what I wanted, but I'm confident that with a little work I'll be able to get them to fit and do exactly what I want :) Hope you all find this to be useful!

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

That is a nice link. When I did my truck I spent a LOT of time measuring and remeasuring the clearances to the front strut only to be somewhat undone by a less-than-clear description of the actual wheel offset. It all worked out (see my "intro" thead in my sig for details) but definitely took some figurin'! Can't wait to see what you end up with. :)

3. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Lol, it's hilarious but... well... the box that claimed these wheels had a negative offset was actually wrong, go figure. Fortunately that actually works in my favor, since I can always space them out a tad if need be and I'd rather have that happen than them stick out WAY too far. I'll post a pic in just a sec.

4. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

This is one of the front wheels, o_O oooooh shiny! They look like they are about a 5+2 offset which should be pretty good... although I may need to space them out a tad when I put the 10" wide tires on there :eek:

[​IMG]

Yeah, so these suckers are NOT for road use lol. Nice big lug on them though,

[​IMG]

Anyone want some brand new low profile 14" mudslingers? I'll sell 'em cheap!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010