1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Charger Build

Discussion in 'Performance' started by spaner, Jan 21, 2010.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

interesting ideal spaner that would suck for anyone else wanting one. if it can be done once yea its a fluke but done twice its a possibility and third times the charm as they say so i guess ill try to be the twice is a possibility guy

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

you two are pure evil with your superchargers...looking down your noses at us poor naturally aspirated heathens ;) .....I so wish I had the time to join the S/C club.. :( "If my buddy Mugsy was in dat supachaaged truck,would I do dis ?" "Yoo moight rabbit..yoo just moight"
    there's an easy one for you to guess :)
    keep it coming Jonny...can't wait to see your progress..keep that camera handy

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

camera check cheap trail camera where the sound is bad check supercharge laying around waiting check truck :( still being painted :frustration: three weeks come on what the fudge man. it better be perfect is all i got to say. im so going to check on it today after noon ish. deff ned to find someone with a lil more time on there hands if i need help or another set of hands for the s/c. hes just to busy lately. oh well ill keep ya up to date start my own thread here soon once i figure out a few more things.

hey spaner how did you end up hooking the jamar in to the brake lines what it just add a tape in each line or was there some special way it had to be done.

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

No, and yes...ha, ha..
    The good news is that on my truck, there were only two lines coming off the master, front and back, and no shuttle or proportion...just line and master-splitter. Rear has shock-block...doesn't matter...

Both lines off the master run through body-block to the master-splitter under the front of the truck at the right, mounted to the body.
    Master-splitter; Rear-in to Rear-out was left in place. Front-in, Left-out and Right-out...all three removed from the block. The Jamar will become the new splitter block for the fronts.

Fronts main line removed from body block (other line end) at the very front of the truck just under the bumper..rad side line is for fronts.
    Throw that line away.
    Remove both front hard lines; left and right, throw the right side away. The left is more than long enough to work with.
    The Jamar doesn't come with any fittings. You must get the adapter fitting as well as the line fittings. All fittings I got at Carquest in ten minutes for like $4 bucks. Lines were a few bucks, but I did the line work myself...they will do it for you to the lengths that you want.

The bad news, is that the Jamar is NPT, which is good, cuz it's self sealing. Then, the line ends are metric...and the body-block, caliper-flex-hose..metric. Now I was told that it may be possible to order a NPT to metric adapter? I didn't bother..

The easiest way to do this is to mismatch via the line ends. Like so..
    Front main line body-block to Jamar-inlet:
    Metric body-block to Metric brake-line fitting (male), brake line, standard brake-line fitting(male), to standard 90deg (female), to NPT fitting, to Jamar center.

You get the idea, it's not complicated work, just very tedious. I think it took me three afternoons to get to the bleeding procedure...the parts are easy to come by...

NB. The secret to the installation, and I got this from my dad (thank god I did this), is to make the three Jamar lines long enough to put a single 4" circle bend in each of the lines just prior to the Jamar connection. (Up to Forward to down to rear to up)

I will not tell anyone why unless they install one...:p

5. fupabox

Ha...easy one...to reduce the chance of stressing the lines under from movement...also cools the fluid under extreme usage....my high school shop teacher showed us this while we were building a baja buggy :)

6. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i understand why u do it for stresses and cooling the part you lost me at spaner was the very last part this (Up to Forward to down to rear to up) might just be im slow today but lost me. lol sorry

7. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

That's just the bending routing...the correct direction of the circle wraping...which is very important to the purpose of the usage...

Which no one has guessed as of yet....it is absolutly needed, and you will not figure it out unless you go through the process of installing one.

Those are all good answers, but not the necessity of the technique...I will tell you if you guess it right...

:pop:

8. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

im gonna guess the up to forward would be lets say the feed line the down to rear the right and the other up to left just a pure guess i pulled out of a hat

9. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Nope,
    The (Up to Forward to down to rear to up) is x 3.
    Three connections to the Jamar and three circles, wraping direction given, the purpose, all important to the installation.

My dad has these "blurts" of information that I somtimes marval at; things that I'd never think of.

10. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

wow im out of guessing fuba time for you to shine and answer the man with the right answer heres some :pop: while u look it up as if ur not already at it

11. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

No problem, I will tell you, if you show me a picture of one in your hand ready to be installed...

My dad says:

"I did won of dose back in fift'i foor, on'a V Dub'ya, used d'a too mast'as and sealed de'm wit d'a wed'a...you gott'a hav d'at. d'a secls, dadt be tat...listen, d'ats all d'es is to it...done my chum..."

Listen, sometimes I make fun, but, someone who can remove a ball-joint off an S-10, with one strike and a call-spell...well, I pay attention...

12. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ok thats a deal when i have one here and a picture to prove ill ask ya

13. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Fupa will search, but he won't find; this is "old-school"...

Show it to me, in your hand...

14. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

will do ill order one in the am i been thinking about it but its no good with out a diff lock in the rear :frustration: still looking for one

15. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

hey spaner is ur exhaust a straight pipe 2inch or did the put a muffler on it and if soo any clue what it was

update 8/3 at 130 am the jamar shoud be here sometime by sundown so be looking for my picture to prove i have one

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  16. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

17. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

nice videos i saw two last week watchin mud hole 2 now

18. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yea, I didn't link those after I loaded them...now they are...mudhole 2 loaded, more to come...

Check for the P-30, AKA bushmaster vids next week. No relation to this thread or the forum but, I love my swat-team bushmaster modded truck....

[​IMG]

[​IMG] PICT0007.JPG moto_0036.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  19. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

after 1 am at work u usually have free time i try to check your youtube once a week or every other week dont always make it thou

20. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Cool, now you're going to have to compete for "front page" listing with me, in this sub-thread...

Shouldn't be a problem for you. I know that you're on here way more than I am, and I'm VERY interested in you're thread, and you're build, fun...fun-Yea..ha, ha..fun..YEA...(Bevious and Butthead)...:pop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxcCF8bWh8

21. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

compete with you i would never dream of doing such a thing :cool: and nice bevious and butthead add on. but i can say this my videos will be nothing like yours for i dont have the land to ride like that and I have tried youtube videos before no luck

22. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

When you're done, you'll be like, "what the Frack...Spaner, WHAT THE FRACK..."

and you'll be trying to produce Youtube videos to show...

What it's all about...

BUT, it can't be done, I don't even come close...The Interceptor 2.0, blows the competition AWAY...

I'm going to try some highway passing in the fall...doesn't matter; no one can see...

100% MORE Horse Power....with all the mods....

0 to 60, in 13...Porsche 928...:cool:

23. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

the interceptor 2.0??? are you give away hints that something more powerful is to come from the badlands soon??

24. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

The 2.0 is the K&N mods. Including Crank Case main breather, direct-carb-mount main filter and water shedding micro wrap.
    A few more horsies there...

BTW, the brake line wrap purpose was for the bleeding procedure of the Jamar.
    There is a very indepth bleeding procedure on Pirate 4x4 for the Jamar, the CNC, or similar device; it's shite...doesn't work, at all...

Old school, the way to do it, is to have the circles in the three lines. So that once everything is mounted in a mechanical consideration, the lever is removed, then the main mounting bolts are removed, then the unit is "rotated" 90 degrees, so that the connecting lines are at the top of the unit, and while bleeding, the cylinder valves are filled and blead, not unlike a pop bottle, standing on a table.

Basically, it means that you don't have to think about it. Just bleed it like a normal set-up; in one go. Takes 60 seconds. Then it's done. Then mount it back to where it was, and mount the control arm. Any other way does not work; period.

Old school techniques, 50's VW'Us...in CA..

25. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ok that makes some sense thanks for the info

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  26. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

BORING; the site has become a bit of a stagnation, again..

Anyway: How to repair bent or distorted components during off-road adventures...

The main tranny cross member, on the DD51T...

Bent to hell,

[​IMG]

Mount the winch, under the truck,

[​IMG]

Pulled it until it was trait, plus 10 degrees, for the spring back...

[​IMG]

Easy as could be. Now I just got to get a slider extension in there before I do more damage...
    Been thinking about some HDPE, just for the extension. Very easy to be had, might last until next season...
    Crappy stuff but, better than steel, but not as good as the UHMWPE in the front...

:pop:

moto_0252.jpg moto_0253.jpg moto_0254.jpg

27. fupabox

excellent use of the winch .. good idea.... :)

28. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Added component. Been sitting on this sucker since 2011, think I paid 5 bucks. Well worth it.

[​IMG]

moto_0271.jpg

29. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Ill bite. Looks like a radiator fab but I'm sure u used it for something else and just what was that???

30. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Well, you know that I have the two stage watermeth. For those days above 15 degrees C, up to 30 degrees C. Seems to work OK. BUT, on hot summer days, above 30 C, moving slow, and boosting...draging some shite, or whatever...

The intake manifold/supercharger needs a little extra. Just a little bit of blow. Just a little.

In other words, keeps my butt from frying...:)

Keeps the system happy...:p