1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru trailer hitch

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by shelbyminitrucks, Aug 28, 2007.

1. shelbyminitrucks

shelbyminitrucks New Member

Does anyone know someone who is building trailer hitches for the early 90s Subaru's? Please let me know eddie@shelbyminitrucks.com thanks

2. Vincent

Vincent New Member

Hello , I have just bought a 97 sambar and I will be designing a rear hitch and also a front combo brush guard/ hitch for a plow and space for a winch. The subarue with its rear engine cover that swings down, needs a specially designed hitch thats more difficult to make. This is why no one is making them,the cost will be higher also. Some guys will say theirs will work but they want you to remove the engine cover and thats not good! When I get them finished I will post some pictures. If I can get the cost reasonable I may start to run them in my shops. I also will be building a lift kit ,and wheel adapters they too are needed! Vincent

3. shelbyminitrucks

shelbyminitrucks New Member

wheel adapters

I am working on finding a good and cheap 1x100 to a 1x110 adapter. So far very expensive.

4. erbyderby

erbyderby New Member

Vincent, I'll be very interested in a front brush guard/winch/hitch receiver for my 92 Sambar! Let me know when your done.......Love this forum!
    erbyderby

5. Vincent

Vincent New Member

Will do, Have a Great Holiday! Vincent

6. Bosco rosco

Bosco rosco New Member

Am working on making rear bumper with trailer hitch from a Jeep tubular rear bumper w/ receiver. Tubes will have to be cut off shorter each end to fit Sambar bed width. Spacer brackets plates 1/2" thick each side will have to be constructed to receive Jeep bumper. Can mount using existing holes w/longer bolts onto frame. Appears to be a good solution. Making a cardboard pattern for 1/2" spacer. Will post pics and pattern when complete. Bought jeep bumper from Ebay, can get from JC Whitney. Still trying to figure out what to do with the front!

7. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

So, did you get this to work? If so please post pictures.

8. Mark Semeraro

Mark Semeraro New Member

Interested also in a rear trailer hitch, 2 inch square receiver....