1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru car starter fits

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by ttc, Jun 4, 2020.

1. ttc

ttc Active Member

Picked up a nib Subaru car starter not sure what engine 2.0 or 2.5 or year. I got it off Facebook group for 30 bucks. I figured the solenoid would fit as I needed one. Got it home and put them side by side. The steel portion with the windings, end cap and solenoid are perfect match. The Bendix drive and front nose housing that mounts to the block are different. So I tore the 2 apart and swapped my Bendix and front nose housing. Slapped it all together and put on the truck. Thing has never spun over so fast. I was having th clicky starter issue same as the Suzuki cars from the 90s. I broke the parts truck starter trying to get it apart. The brush housing stuck in the end cap and cracked plus the back end of the solenoid came apart when I tried to take the lower nut off. The main power freed into the starter was corroded off. I build up a second good starter for my parts truck. Now to find the hardware to install it lol. So in the end I would say any mini Denso starter could be harvested for parts to rebuild your mini truck starter.

Limestone likes this.
  2. JMM

JMM Member

This is good info. Any chance you can share part #'s?

Limestone likes this.
  3. ttc

ttc Active Member

428000-0971 and 279-70502-00 are the numbers on it

4. JMM

JMM Member

Thanks!!