1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock 13 inch Tires/wheels

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by cmaranto, Aug 1, 2008.

1. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

Before I run off to the bone yard, will a stock set of 4 x 100 x 13 inch Honda wheels/tires mount up on my '92 Acty without any interference or lift required. I assume the offset is about the same as the stock 12 inch steel wheel?

Chuck in Indy

2. Yes they work. I have 4 13" Civic rims on mine and run 155\80R13 tires with no lift or rubbing.

carlosjr56 likes this.
  3. kbruce

kbruce Member

Do you have pictures of the 13" civic rims on your mini truck? I'm trying to figure out a way to beef up the tires on my 97 Acty w/o having to install a lift kit or install spacers, etc. I want to leave the ride/suspension stock but have a little bigger tire that is more readily available at the tire stores.

Thanks,

Kevin

4. Here's the best picture I have. The truck is actually up for sale for $3,500 with a safety check so if someone is interest PM me.

[​IMG]

5. kbruce

kbruce Member

Civic rims on a Acty

Thanks for posting the picture... what year is the Acty and what year are the Civic rims? Do I need to stay in certain era for Civic rims on a 97 Acty?

6. kbruce

kbruce Member

Civic rims on a Acty

Chuck... what did you end up doing? I'm considering 13" Civic wheels for my 97 Acty if I can get the low-down on the specs.

7. kansas

kansas New Member

I ran accross a neat site for wheel replacement www.roadkill.com and click in tech+toolbox.

8. The 13" rims from a Civic will fit and you can run 155/80R13 tires or 175/70R13. You will have to use an angle grinder and remove a small portion of the rim "lip" on the inside so you have the clearance between the rim and coil spring. You can also run 14" Civic rims with 175'65R14 tires which are the same overall diameter as the 13".

9. kansas

kansas New Member

wheels for suzuki

I have a 1999 suzuki I went to hyundi accent wheels 2000 and up with 165/80/13 tires. They look like the factory wheels and clear with no problems.

10. daktulos

daktulos New Member

Hello, I am a little late on this post but I have pictures :)
    I recently install 13" Civic rims on 155/80R13 tires and everything is good so far!
    The rims are 5" wide with the "H" offset (ET??) and they clear the coil spring by a few millimetres.

click for bigger
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry for the rust...rustproofing help but with the salt and calcium on Quebec roads nothing will stay new for to long.

My only complain with this setup is the subtle lose of torque. Shift points are a little off and now I need to downshift more often.
    But at 100Kph the motor rev slower and the ride is smoother and quieter.

11. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Excellent! That does look like a tight fit.

12. That's about how tight mine was so I had to grind the lip of the rim down a touch. When you went around corners the spring would compress making the diameter of the spring slightly larger and combined with the flexing of the rim is would touch.

13. daktulos

daktulos New Member

With a friend up front I tested it on speed bumps, Montreal roads (like a war zone) and tight turns and no rubbing.
    As I found on web sites Honda don't seems to mark the real offset on the rims they work just by letters!

H = High Positive or FWD (Front Wheel Drive) typically +45,40,35 offsets
    M = Medium Offset or RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) Typically +20 offset
    L = Low Offset or RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) Typically 0 offset

So I was probably lucky with mine !

14. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

This sounds like my current wheel project for my HiJet. I got some rims from a place on line after taking a lot of measurements and being assured that the 5" of backspacing was indeed from the edge of the rim to the hub face. Well, it was not. So I trimmed 10mm off the lip and everything seems to fit. But your point about the spring expanding makes sense. I'm probably going to add some 5mm spacers (or make a hubcentric 5mm spacer even better!)

15. CanaHonda

CanaHonda New Member

I have a 1991 Honda Acty and had a set of rims off of a 1991 Mazda 323 that I purchased for my wifes 1989 Ford Festiva. However, the bolt pattern on the festiva is 114.3x4 whereas the Mazda is 100x4. I was looking around for civic tires for my ride, when I thought, hey what about those old Mazdas? Perfect fit! They run 175/70/r13 tires and I don't know if I can get put a smaller 13 on it, but they don't rub and the old girl doesn't rattle too much on the highway anymore. Anyone know about the tire sizes?

16. daktulos

daktulos New Member

Some update for 13" wheels on Acty...
    Last fall I buy a set of 1985 CRX wheels for my Acty. They where dirty/oxidized and not perfect but for 40$ its worth the try.
    After a cleanup and some paints they don't look so bad !
    The offset is ET40 and the width 5", they fit better than my Civic wheels and lighter. If I remember with the tire and rim they weight less than 24 pounds. The winter/steels combo was near 30 pounds. Lets talk about unsprung weight !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I was to lazy to take pictures of the clearance but they have about 2/3mm more clearance than the Civic rims.

See you !
    Alexandre

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  17. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Those look really good:)