1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow! How does it go?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Andrew.r.w, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Andrew.r.w

Andrew.r.w Member

I have been really impressed with the traction performance of my Sambar. The switchable 4-wheel drive is so convenient and quick to respond. In deep snow it balks a little.

I run studded winter tires (Goodyear Nordic), and I hardly ever slip.

The proud beast is a little tough to get warmed up on a cold day. We're seeing a lot of -20°C if late and the heating patch is a Godsend. I bought a cheap 75-watt glue-on jobbie from the auto-parts store and it works a treat.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the little beast. Let's hear your winter mini-truck ideas!

2. Ravk

Ravk Member

Alberta Solution

I have a 90 Suzuki Carry.
    I have, in the past, placed 2 5 Gal pails filled with water cut down to bed height and tied to the tiedowns on the box.
    As for the heat, try cardboard to cover the rad with a 6" hole cut in the center to raise the engine temp faster. Keep the heater on full heat but 1 down on the blower untill the windshield is clear (more heat to the window, less to the cab).
    I only use 4X4 when it snows heavy and run Blizzaks all year round. At this weight, they don't wear and makes for good traction anywhere.

Have fun!

Robert