1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site support-Saved Drafts...Auto saved-then lost...

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by spaner, Mar 30, 2013.

1. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Getting really, really crazy, after a very long or in-depth post; that was LOST....:sly:

Forum posts, here, or in other places...LOST...are saved on "YOUR COMPUTER".

Yes, on your computer. Not the forum. Don't try to mess with the; "Resurrect Draft"
    (SAVED-IN-DRAFTS)..HA, HA...:p...NO...

A little internet savvy...:cool:

Simple,
    First, Google chrome?
    Then, load a little APP called..."chromecacheview".
    This will let you view files in chrome, the same way that you were used to viewing files in E-7; via the "view-files-button". Prior to deletion...

Still here; understand?
    A recent post of mine had gone "amuck", and could not be handled via the "copy-paste" function(even to TXT-document) for safe keeping. Found it though; via the "chromecacheview"; took three hours, but I'm a determined MF...:sly:

Here is where it was, via chromecacheview, muncher...
    "Filename URL Content Type File Size Last Accessed Server Time Server Last Modified Expire Time Server Name Server Response Content Encoding Cache Name Cache Control ETag do=postthread&f=8.htm 1364683865240754/http://www.minitrucktalk.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=8 text/html 11,245 3/30/2013 7:12:34 PM 3/30/2013 7:11:55 PM Apache/2.2.8 HTTP/1.1 200 OK gzip private "

A few guy will understand this. Most others will not.
    BUT, the idea is,
    That ANY, post or draft, to a forum, can be recovered....IT CAN...
    FROM YOUR OWN COMPUTER FILES.

Learn that sh!t;
    We're moving fast now boys;
    Hard to keep up, but possible...:sly:

Spend, just a little bit of time, each day, discovering what the code is for; even here...:sly:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Maybe that was a little criptic.

With E-7, you would go to internet options, view files; in the temp file section. Same file name and listing information.
    It is a stored web page. Open it, and run the page after signing back in.
    Everything is there,

I got a little ticked off after losing another post for the 1000th time. Even after using the hylight-copy to clip-board function, that I usually do before hitting the submit button; in any forum.

Sometimes though, the page crashes, or is lost, or asks for a re-sign-in, then it's gone; and it always seems to take the clip-board copy with it, down the toilet.

I try to keep up with the stuff that my 16 year old nephew can do, but can't seem to explain to anyone over the age of 30.

BTW, download.cnet.com has the best free programs.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

good advice....I always use cnet since you can trust the downloads are safe. I've never experienced the issue you are having,but I just type and post..rarely save anything since I'd instantly forget I had saved it :)

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Originally it was motivation for me to learn "self-hacking". How to hack your own computer.
    For instance; any sound I hear, any picture I see, any video I watch...it's mine.

For instance, I can capture any youtube video, edit it and post it, or just "mirror" it.
    Everything is buffered.

I laugh at people paying 99c a go, you know what I mean?

Maybe that's wrong...maybe I should reduce my carbon footprint too...:sly:

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I have that same problem with IE 9. Page locks up after I type and hit reply. I have let it go for a period of several minutes and it has posted successfully! I couldn't tell you how many times i have responded to peoples post and just gave up after it didn't work.