1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Navigation

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by gregw98, Sep 11, 2008.

1. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Is it just me, or is this site, JMTF, difficult to move around in. I find it very busy with too much, making it hard to locate posts. Seems to be too many different catagories. I hate stickys too. But then again, it might be just me and I am not use to things.
    gator

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

What kind of posts are you trying to locate?

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i don't have too much of a problem with the site, the seach is a touchy thing since key words that i may be looking for are very commonly used on different threads. if this were just a catalog it would be much easier. but when you need something and hit the search key you will patiently have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  4. Subaru

Subaru Member

If all else fails,just ask and you will be directed accordingly by some of the more frequent users.......BUT this is usually only after adequate hazing:p

5. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

Hazing is a fine art that is dieing a slow death in this country.:( It is always refreshing to see a few that will still take the bait here on this forum.:D

6. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I agree with the search not being the best. I've tried other vBulletin search and read on vBulletins site about their search not being the best.

Let me have ideas to make things better. Try using the google search that is in the center of the site. They index the site and you can search there also. Tell me how that works.

7. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i'm not complaining about the seach, it's just that it's a keyword seach.

if i'm looking for struts it will pull every thread with struts in it. someone could be talking about hood struts but i'm looking for mcpherson struts... so you just have to comb through it until you find the needed info... that's all.

i think once the reference section takes off by make we'll have a real winner.

8. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Once things cool down here at my day job, I will finish up on the dealers maps and start working on a real database people can search. Sorta like... (example below)

Subaru -> Air Filters ->
    1. ######
    2. ######
    3. ######