1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site change suggestion (FAQ section)

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by o8k, Jan 11, 2010.

1. o8k

o8k Member

I have been compiling a list of info on Kei trucks on my thread
    "Hello Everyone"

I am posing the question, would it be helpful to expand our FAQ section on this site to cover, not just code of conduct, but provide some answers to the most commonly asked questions new members ask in this forum?

I offer up my info to this end, and any asistance needed to author the Said added section to the FAQ should anyone be interested.

Another thought, is the WIki-pedia. Many other vehicle enthusiists will add lots of detailed information about thier respective vehicles or in some cases even create new ones. Covering technical data, etc. I know someone was working on a privatly hosted web site to cover this, but havent heard much about it since then.

Thoughts?

o8k

2. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I think the new vb4 offers things like this. I purchased it.. I just don't want to upgrade just yet, fear of bugs. I'm also going to add a plugin that will people to rate others based on purchased.

3. o8k

o8k Member

I hear ya. Another idea would be open a section at the level where you have:
    General, Japanese Mini trucks, Chinese Mini trucks, Classifieds, and Kei Truck association.

And add one called FAQ. Add some stickys and limit who can post in there (moderators admins etc). in there (essenitally making it "READ ONLY") similar to the way the classified section is setup.

4. o8k

o8k Member

cricket farm...